Curious, isn't it?

It's funny how the one place we need some time, notice of interview, to interview, they shorten the time frame. Weeks on end at each stage waiting for some good news. Then when it finally comes down to the bare bones, they short us on time to make plans, cheap airfair tickets, rooms,, getting So from wherever to there., get the med exams. Is it just me?

Signed,

Confused at this whole Screwed up System.

Yes, it's too bad they can't take some time off the front end and put it on the back end. However, if they told me tomorrow that my SO's interview was in two weeks, somehow, I would arrange to get there. Maybe they enjoy seeing how we jump through the hoops.

It's funny how the one place we need some time, notice of interview, to interview, they shorten the time frame.  Weeks on end at each stage waiting for some good news.  Then when it finally  comes down to the bare bones, they short us on time to make plans, cheap airfair tickets, rooms,, getting So from wherever to there., get the med exams.  Is it just me?

Signed,

198460[/snapback]

Na..they still the good the bad and the ugly..still use that little bitty mirror a straight edge single edge razor and a bar of soap..They still don't know how to shave yet..Some old dogs never do learn a new trick.

Hows it on the coast?..Nice to meet someone else here in NC..

It's funny how the one place we need some time, notice of interview, to interview, they shorten the time frame.  Weeks on end at each stage waiting for some good news.  Then when it finally  comes down to the bare bones, they short us on time to make plans, cheap airfare tickets, rooms,, getting So from wherever to there., get the med exams.  Is it just me?

Signed,

198460[/snapback]

Dear Confused,

We here in GZ are doing our best to assist you in being joined together with your loved one. We understand your desire to make plans and purchase cheap airline tickets, but it has been our experience that your wife will appreciate your great devotion even more if you spend 3 times the normal fare to be with her at the interview.

We are all familiar with the statements made by your SO concerning saving money, but we have found that by helping you to overspend for your journey we at the Consulate are assisting you to help her assimilate into life in the US with the never ending high prices and sticker shock.

We are constantly attempting to find new ways to assist you on your journey together and in the future we hope to work closer with you to bring your family closer together. One thought has been to schedule the interview in cooperation with your employer's policy for vacation, so that you will have an abundant amount of time off, while searching for a new job, when she comes to the US. In this way she will truly understand how to best seek employment when she received her work permit as she follows your example on re-entry to the work force.

We're here for ya man... :blink:

It's funny how the one place we need some time, notice of interview, to interview, they shorten the time frame.  Weeks on end at each stage waiting for some good news.  Then when it finally  comes down to the bare bones, they short us on time to make plans, cheap airfare tickets, rooms,, getting So from wherever to there., get the med exams.  Is it just me?

Signed,

198460[/snapback]

Dear Confused,

We here in GZ are doing our best to assist you in being joined together with your loved one. We understand your desire to make plans and purchase cheap airline tickets, but it has been our experience that your wife will appreciate your great devotion even more if you spend 3 times the normal fare to be with her at the interview.

We are all familiar with the statements made by your SO concerning saving money, but we have found that by helping you to overspend for your journey we at the Consulate are assisting you to help her assimilate into life in the US with the never ending high prices and sticker shock.

We are constantly attempting to find new ways to assist you on your journey together and in the future we hope to work closer with you to bring your family closer together. One thought has been to schedule the interview in cooperation with your employer's policy for vacation, so that you will have an abundant amount of time off, while searching for a new job, when she comes to the US. In this way she will truly understand how to best seek employment when she received her work permit as she follows your example on re-entry to the work force.

We're here for ya man... :clapping:

198519[/snapback]

Thanks for the smile this morning, however close to the truth you speak.

:clapping:

No need to worry about being there for the interview.

If you don't speak Chinese, being there might be an extra

burden for your SO. Face it, can you read a train schedule,

tell a cab driver where to go or order food in a resturant?

Your SO's job is to go to GZ and pass her visa interview,

not to babysit as she will be worried about your comfort.

198622[/snapback]

Actually, I had no problem traversing the Hong Kong Airport, or finding the Sky Ferry. There were plenty of signs in English. Lets see, how long was Hong Kong under English control, over 100 years.

As for a baby sitter, I haven't needed one for about three decades.

As far as needing to be there, there is no need. I just thought it would be a nice bonding experience for us. You know, the whole being there for her, during one of the most relevant moment of her life. Not to mention taking her back to the farm. So I can say hello to my new family, and let her say goodbye to her mother.

198622[/snapback]

Actually, I had no problem traversing the Hong Kong Airport, or finding the Sky Ferry. There were plenty of signs in English. Lets see, how long was Hong Kong under English control, over 100 years.

As far as needing to be there, there is no need. I just thought it would be a nice bonding experience for us. You know, the whole being there for her, during one of the most relevant moment of her life. Not to mention taking her back to the farm. So I can say hello to my new family, and let her say goodbye to her mother.

198672[/snapback]

NVC sent my case the same day, March 8th. I will also be there with her

for the interview for the same reasons you just described. Maybe I'll

see you there :( !

198622[/snapback]

198672[/snapback]

I was told not to come for the interview but I did

come to bring her home.

Did the sights and had a few dinners.

For the last night, her friends and her family

got a couple of rooms at the hotel where I was staying

and we did karaoke.

Her best friend tried to out drink me.

It all made for some great video. :lol: