Spoke with Lady at Paciasia

I was trying to get a ticket for this summer to visit my friend. The $1300 is not there....only $1600, now, she said she would still look. Very nice lady. But I told her I met my lady on Internet and we started a long conversation... I even told her what happened to me.

I must say she brought doubt to me again. I do feel good about my lady, but to say I feel totally confident would not be the truth. I was burned badly and deep inside, I really scared to be burned again. I don't think time will erase this fear, only success would. That is why I feel I'm "just jumping back on the horse". I did tell her (hong), she has sold tickets to men here who are quite successful in thier marriages.... to say life is not easy, in an extreme understatement.

Edited by nygatl15 (see edit history)
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to get a ticket for this summer to visit my friend. The $1300 is not there....only $1600, now, she said she would still  look. Very nice lady. But I told her I met my lady on Internet and we started a long conversation... I even told her what happened to me.

I must say she brought doubt to me again. I do feel good about my lady, but to say I feel totally confident would not be the truth. I was burned badly and deep inside, I really scared to be burned again.  I don't think time will erase this fear, only success would.  That is why I feel I'm "just jumping back on the horse". I did tell her (hong), she has sold tickets to men here who are quite successful in thier marriages.... to say life is not easy, in an extreme understatement.

195383[/snapback]

$1,600 is way too expensive. Last summer (July) I paid less than $1,100 round trip. And that was from East Coast to Beijing. I agree that you really have to 'think' before you dole out $1,600.

Edited by Stone (see edit history)
I was trying to get a ticket for this summer to visit my friend. The $1300 is not there....only $1600, now, she said she would still  look. Very nice lady. But I told her I met my lady on Internet and we started a long conversation... I even told her what happened to me.

I must say she brought doubt to me again. I do feel good about my lady, but to say I feel totally confident would not be the truth. I was burned badly and deep inside, I really scared to be burned again.  I don't think time will erase this fear, only success would.  That is why I feel I'm "just jumping back on the horse". I did tell her (hong), she has sold tickets to men here who are quite successful in thier marriages.... to say life is not easy, in an extreme understatement.

195383[/snapback]

Dude, Keep shopping around.

$1300 is too high. Are you going Business class??

Try www.mobissimo.com

195383[/snapback]

Dude, Keep shopping around.

$1300 is too high. Are you going Business class??

Try www.mobissimo.com

195389[/snapback]

coach and this site was $1700 to nanning.

I paid $1,200 to Guangzhou to Nanning from LAX. The trip from LAX to GUZ was business class. The airline was Southern China. If I recall correctly, $1,700.00 give or take was to fly first class. It must be one hell of a coach section to pay $1,700.00.

I paid $1,200 to Guangzhou to Nanning from LAX.  The trip from LAX to GUZ was business class.  The airline was Southern China.  If I recall correctly, $1,700.00 give or take was to fly first class.  It must be one hell of a coach section to pay $1,700.00.

195410[/snapback]

i'm coming from Atlanta. The summer months are more expensive is my understanding.

i'm coming from Atlanta. The summer months are more expensive is my understanding.

195414[/snapback]

Charles try http://goldentourtravel.com/ They're located in Atlanta, and I booked the family's updoming trip through them and saved about $200 per ticket versus the competition. You're right about fare increases for the summer. Jingwen's ticket was $1,140 from Atlanta to Zhanjiang (leaving mid March). Mine was $1,290, leaving in April.

195414[/snapback]

Charles try http://goldentourtravel.com/ They're located in Atlanta, and I booked the family's updoming trip through them and saved about $200 per ticket versus the competition. You're right about fare increases for the summer. Jingwen's ticket was $1,140 from Atlanta to Zhanjiang (leaving mid March). Mine was $1,290, leaving in April.

195430[/snapback]

Frank, I did... it is about the same. I may need to jump on the fare if I will go.

Charles try http://goldentourtravel.com/  They're located in Atlanta, and I booked the family's updoming trip through them and saved about $200 per ticket versus the competition.  You're right about fare increases for the summer.  Jingwen's ticket was $1,140 from Atlanta to Zhanjiang (leaving mid March).  Mine was $1,290, leaving in April.

195430[/snapback]

It seems that Jingwen did not get the discounted prices for the flights within China vs. Jingwen buys the tickets at the China POE and again at her hometown. I am assuming there are no direct flights between Atlantic and Zhejiang. Buying tickets here in the US for flights within domestic China gets guaranteed dates but may not the best prices.

I'm trying to buy tickets for flying to GZ in August and returning in September and all the cheapest fares are on Northwest... :redblob: Am I going to buy tickets for an airline in which the pilots are almost certainly going on strike...I don't think so... :ph34r:

Charles try http://goldentourtravel.com/0„2 They're located in Atlanta, and I booked the family's updoming trip through them and saved about $200 per ticket versus the competition.0„2 You're right about fare increases for the summer.0„2 Jingwen's ticket was $1,140 from Atlanta to Zhanjiang (leaving mid March).0„2 Mine was $1,290, leaving in April.

195430[/snapback]

It seems that Jingwen did not get the discounted prices for the flights within China vs. Jingwen buys the tickets at the China POE and again at her hometown. I am assuming there are no direct flights between Atlantic and Zhejiang. Buying tickets here in the US for flights within domestic China gets guaranteed dates but may not the best prices.

195453[/snapback]

Actually, the Guangzhou to Zhanjiang leg of the flight was $45 each way versus $80 (per China Southern). Maybe she could have saved a few bucks buying the tickets in Guangzhou, but she was happy with the price. If she's happy, I'm happy. :redblob:

Damn guys, I flew from Lou, Ky to Beijing for 798.00. Economy plus, it wasnt the most comfortable but it was do able. I flew United, business was 6k, and 1st class was 12k ish. 1,700 is way too high. Keep looking.

Dude, you cant go into love with fear or worry about the past repeating itself, you'll never be clear enough in your head about making the right decision. Perhaps you need to spend some time being single and try to get right in your heart. Good luck, and best wishes.

If you wish, perhaps if you wanted, I could give you the number to the travel agent I used. I paid by phone and everything was confirmed via Email.

Edited by hunter (see edit history)