The drug bust

Bing and I had an interesting experience while eating dinner at a Chinese restaurant here in Portland tonight. We had a seat by the window and while we were eating some of Portlands finest had a car pulled over right outside our seat. The driver was sitting on the curb handcuffed and pretty soon a K-9 unit pulls up and in the car the dog went. In a matter of seconds out comes a cop with 4 big baggies of something. I couldn't tell what the substance was but there was a lot of picture taking and testing of some kind going on on the hood of the cruiser. For the next 30 minutes every inch of that pickup was searched. Bing commented that the american police were much nicer than China police would have been. Apparently if it were China the suspect would have had a few bruises to take with him to his cell. It was good entertainment for dinner and Bing now has a pretty good feeling about calling a cop if she needs one.

Don't get me started on convicted drug dealers and what punishments they should have...

Though the first one that comes to mind is to administer whatever they had on them at the time of the bust to them. That would sort alot of it out on the spot. You have a kilo of drugs, you take that kilo. If you make it, then maybe you'll think twice about what you're doing... Otherwise, and more likely, you'll know how bad the crap you deal is in the very short time you have left.

We're paying 40-50k a year for a prison system probably half full of drug offenders...

Speaking of Chinese justice, take a look at:

http://english.people.com.cn/200408/18/eng...818_153625.html

189059[/snapback]

Jesse,

My editorial: Good!

189085[/snapback]

I AGREE! Way too much molly-coddling going on in the US when this sort of thing happens here. If there is a clear shot, do it....

189088[/snapback]

Clear shot? Dang, who needs SWAT? They just went right up and shot him in the head....Case closed....End of story....

and, I'd agree, a pretty good deterrent too.

189059[/snapback]

Jesse,

189085[/snapback]

I AGREE! Way too much molly-coddling going on in the US when this sort of thing happens here. If there is a clear shot, do it....

189088[/snapback]

Clear shot? Dang, who needs SWAT? They just went right up and shot him in the head....Case closed....End of story....

and, I'd agree, a pretty good deterrent too.

189133[/snapback]

Oh yea, truth, justice and the un-American way!

189059[/snapback]

Jesse,

189085[/snapback]

189088[/snapback]

Ya but the Chinese bad guy had two knives, over here he would have an AK-47, two grenades and a rpg. Tough action, but I agree, to much mr. nice guy over here.