going to the doctor....vaccination record

Might be TB. Don't let them do it if it is- it's not required. My husband had a TB test done when he went and since he was vaccinated when young he reacted positive- still has a big scar on his arm from 2 months ago.

176833[/snapback]

Yes the Skin Test is the TB test

you don't need it :bangin:

Take your Radiographs (Xrays )

if they do the test you then you must return to have the test read 72 hours later -that's another trip and alot more money !! :rolleyes:

China does not have a High incidence of Tuberculosis

and you already had a physical to get the K visa

The secretary doesn't know what she's talking about.

If you need the whole physical, then they'll need to do the skin (TB) test. You can bring the x-ray as a "just in case" thing, but if they are JUST doing the supplemental, it means they are just signing off on you getting your required shots - NOT doing a physical. If they give you a TB test, then they are doing more than the supplemental.

Like most things in this process, different places do different things. When we started the AOS process, the civil surgeon we saw insisted that a skin test for TB was required. I told him it was not. He refused to sign the papers without the test. I called BCIS (as it was known then); they told him point blank that it was not required. He had the nerve to tell them they were wrong and still refused to sign the papers without the test. He never looked at the x-rays.

In the end, we drove 150 miles to another civil surgeon, who also said the skin test was required. Eventually, she had the skin test. When we had our AOS interview, I asked the interviewer why there was so much confusion over the skin test. He said he wasn't aware of any confusion and that the test was not required.

Try telling that to a civil surgeon who wants your money. :greenblob: :clapping:

Finally settled on a doctor who will sign my SO's vaccination form. But the secretary said they might need to do a skin test (I think she said PPD, but I couldn't understand her very well). Is this normal? Has anybody else had to do this?

176806[/snapback]

There are many types of skin tests. PPD (Purified Protein Derivitive) to test for TB is the only one mentioned in the "FAQ". It is extremely common here in the U.S.. All medical personnel in hospitals must get this test annually and it isn't a big deal. If she is positive (the injection site on the forearm gets inflamed a bit). I wouldn't worry about any harm in this test (not a vaccine).

It is only a skin test so it isn't like getting 2 shots of the same vaccine. A second skin test if you can't prove the first will NOT be harmful.

Here is the copy from FAQ: (1.19.6)

Q.1.19 Where can I find some information on vaccination requirements?

TB test should have been done as part of the medical exam - this is a vaccine supplement, not additional test.

If the test is positive (read after 48-72 hours) they might look at the chest X-ray or maybe ask for another X-ray.

I hope this helps. She needs or has already received the skin test at the physical exam in China.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
Finally settled on a doctor who will sign my SO's vaccination form. But the secretary said they might need to do a skin test (I think she said PPD, but I couldn't understand her very well). Is this normal? Has anybody else had to do this?

176806[/snapback]

There are many types of skin tests. PPD (Purified Protein Derivitive) to test for TB is the only one mentioned in the "FAQ". It is extremely common here in the U.S.. All medical personnel in hospitals must get this test annually and it isn't a big deal. If she is positive (the injection site on the forearm gets inflamed a bit). I wouldn't worry about any harm in this test (not a vaccine).

It is only a skin test so it isn't like getting 2 shots of the same vaccine. A second skin test if you can't prove the first will NOT be harmful.

Here is the copy from FAQ: (1.19.6)

Q.1.19 Where can I find some information on vaccination requirements?

TB test should have been done as part of the medical exam - this is a vaccine supplement, not additional test.

If the test is positive (read after 48-72 hours) they might look at the chest X-ray or maybe ask for another X-ray.

I hope this helps. She needs or has already received the skin test at the physical exam in China.

Larry

177050[/snapback]

Without looking through the various websites, I have just this to say, the vaccination supplement states what innoculations you have had. No tests should be done. Only verification for what vaccines are needed, usually 2-3 for adults.