So the season begins

So now that Thanksgiving is over and November screams to an end, Jen gets her first real look at a holiday that gets it's own season. B)

Sentimentalizm is high as today marks 2 years since I first nervously flew to Shanghai and met her as well as her upcoming birthday.

The story should actually start in October when I first ventured into the local drug store to look at tree ornaments that were just hitting the shelves. She could not believe that things were being but out for sale for a holiday so far away. November 1 saw me bring home from storage my rollercoaster to start assembly. Frankly, she thought I was nuts. :crazy: Fast forward to Thanksgiving, I complete the coaster and, it works! :redblob: She gives me a, "Oh, you very good."

I had explaned to here that the day after Thanksgiving would mean that stores would be crouded with holiday shoppers an of couse she wanted to see. Not only did we wind up at the local mall, but we made a significant dent in our list for gifts this year. Also for the first time, to her, American shopping was good and could be compared at least a little to Chinese shopping. :ok:

Also over the past weekend, a small suggestion I made a year ago came up in wether we would host the family for Christmas. Not only does she want this to happen, but she has whole heartedly began planning what she wants to do for dinner that day.

At this time, the tree is up and decorated. The coaster runs though the middle, and a bunch of gifts wait to be wrapped. To me, the most cherished item is the silver and gold ornament that simply says, "Our First Christmas" that hangs proudly at the top of the tree. So far away from last years waiting and wondering.

In 2 years I've gone from a nervous plane trip to hosting the holiday with the love of my life. :wub:

For those who are still waiting, I hope that this years dreams become next years reality. I know how you feel as I like so many others once was there as well. As for all the rest, I hope this season brings you the same joy and happiness as it has to me.

Let me be the first from the both of us to all,

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HAUNIKA, AS WELL AS A HAPPY AND PROSPROUS NEW YEAR.

Jim & Jen :hug:

Edited by Feathers268 (see edit history)

Aye - thank you for the kind wishes. I pray every day that my wife will be here soon, at least before the holiday season is upon us. I can't wait for her to see her first Thanksgiving, Christmas, western New Year, and the first time seeing snow (6" on the ground A.T.M.).

I hope this continues to be the happiest holiday season for you and your wife, and I wish the same to all the other CFL waiters and fulfilled.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, you can count the days before Christmas on one hand. The gifts have all been wrapped and placed under the trees. The lights have been strung, and Jen has put together a dinner that will make most restaurants green with envy. We now will turn to getting the place clean and the final phase of food shopping to be ready. :greenblob:

Ever since Jen agreed to the idea of hosting the family, her efforts have been totally to be sure that our guests will be happy. But then that goes right along with what I have learned about her. :greenblob:

Recently, a good friend's son had his 1st birthday, he asked if we could bring some dumplings for the party. Without thinking about it, Jen made 100 for the party plus another 50 for my parents. :cheering: Afterwards, my mom mentioned that a friend said to her that she had a very beautiful daughter-in law. Both outside and in her heart. I quite agree. :greenblob:

What ever your faith, and where ever you are, from the both of us, to all of you. Hear is wishing all the best for now and many days to come.

Jim & Jennifer :greenblob:

It is now 1:30 in the morning on the 26th. Jen and I just got back from the big monkey movie and I have to say, I am so proud of my wife. :santa: We had family here for Christmas eve and the parents back for Chistmas day, and in both cases, Jen was a wonderful host. B) Everyone was so happy with the meal we prepared on Saturday, and not even rain could keep us from the BBQ today.

Now that all of the gifts have been unwrapped, I still think my best gift came early. And yes, she is sitting in the other room.

it would be interesting to get jen opinion on the holidays on how she handle it. I think it be interesting reading how one SO veiw the holdiay compare the the other.

Me and My SO would write down what we thought about the day before turning it, it was interesting reading to see what she thought was important and what I thought was. She ask me to bring more notebooks she miss reading my thoughts.

robert

it would be interesting to get jen opinion on the holidays on how she handle it. I think it be interesting reading how one SO veiw the holdiay compare the the other.

Me and My SO would write down what we thought about the day before turning it, it was interesting reading to see what she thought was important and what I thought was. She ask me to bring more notebooks she miss reading my thoughts.

robert

178345[/snapback]

I doubt I could get her to post here but I can give a little info off of what she has told me.

During the preparations, she wasn't too sure about it due to the work involved. We did do an awful lot of work getting things ready for the family. Also, the amount of shopping done was also comented on. She understood the importance of purchasing gifts, but without knowing the end result, it was a little distressing for her. This also went for the cost of food for the 2 days we would be providing dinner.

On the days themselves, I could sense her nervousness as we prepaed for people to arrive. This was followed by relief as everyone not only enjoyed the gifts they received, but really enjoyed the meal we provided. The gifts we received also helped in that she enjoyed them very much.

The following day we found ourselves shopping with the gift cards received and taking advantage of the post Christmas sales which again was a great joy to her as we spent around $80 for around $250 worth of stuff.

In the end? Her words last night,"I think American Christmas, very good."

I wish I could get her to post here herself, but she look at CFL as my place to come and play and has been reluctant to post here herself.

Now our attention turns past the western new year to the upcoming Chinese New Year. My brother and his wife suprised me when I learned that they would be intersted in going to SF with us for the festivities. Soooo, for the first time in my life, I just might find myself there for the parade. I don't know the details yet, but if we will be attending, I'll put out the call for any and all that might want to be there.