Chinese dresses

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should clarify. The two statements I made are not connected. Long dresses are for special occasions.  They are wore on wedding, banquet, or at fancy restaurants.  Women usually don't wear them for work, for shopping or go to the park. 

I am a big fan of Chinese movies.  I am just saying that movies like EROS and 2046 like to portray women in long dresses as call girls. 

My wife doesn't like to wear them because she said they are older-style.  She likes modern clothes.

I did not imply in anyway that women who wear them are prostitutes.  If I offended anyone, I appologize.

170238[/snapback]

Movies are just that, moveis! Real life is just that, real life. Quipaos in Chengdu are as common as aodais are in Vietnam. Perhaps the Sichuan province is a bit backwards than the rest of China. Good!

Apology accepted, and I will let the matter drop.

Let the discussion continue, with no hard feelings........

"Apology accepted, and I will let the matter drop.

Let the discussion continue, with no hard feelings........"

I may be wrong but I do not think anybody wants to discuss this anymore here. Maybe everybody should just value their own opinion and keep it to themself. This obviously touched a nerve.

Edited by m-coon (see edit history)

I may be wrong but I do not think anybody wants to discuss this anymore here. Maybe everybody should just value their own opinion and keep it to themself. This obviously touched a nerve.

170356[/snapback]

I don't mind the dissussion, I am sort of wondering how I would look in one :greenblob:

170356[/snapback]

I don't mind the dissussion, I am sort of wondering how I would look in one :greenblob:

170357[/snapback]

LOL. You bring an intresting perspective here. I wonder what a 6" 7" weight lifter looks like?

Will the high mandarian collar accent my shoulders and make my neck appear longer? I may have one problem Omar "the tent maker" hasn't set up shop in China and probably wouldn't have this much cloth on hand!

170356[/snapback]

I don't mind the dissussion, I am sort of wondering how I would look in one :)

170357[/snapback]

LOL. You bring an intresting perspective here. I wonder what a 6" 7" weight lifter looks like?

170359[/snapback]

You would look like my kind of man.... ;)