Anyone have experience with global priority

Sorry folks but I may have LOST IT today :( _ mentally since the FEDEX 'lost ''

my package . and that's after i paid the B---ards $40+

So

Today sent the next package by US mail global priority it weighed about 2 lbs

and they ( the US POST OFFICE )had me place a customs declaration sticker on it -documents only -

NOW I am Really worried :(

I am hoping that the thing does not get stuck in some Chinese custom hell

The POST OFFICE LADY told me it should arrive in 4-5 days ( I've heard that before -) :angry:

so if anyone has any advice or experience please give it

Thanks

I sent similar package same way (global priority), no problems, took about 8 days to get to her

RELAX! That is exactly what I did (all by myself) - the custom's declaration should AVOID the customs hell..

Mine took right at 5 days to get to Yulin, Guangxi.

Remember that you are NOT sending it to the consulate, so there should be no delay, especially under 5 pounds.

Sorry folks but I may have LOST IT today  :( _ mentally since the FEDEX 'lost ''

So

and they ( the US POST OFFICE )had me place a customs declaration sticker on it -documents only -

NOW I am Really worried  :(

The POST OFFICE LADY told me it should arrive in 4-5 days ( I've heard that before -) :angry:

so if anyone has any advice  or experience please give it

Thanks

163002[/snapback]

I use UPS and send second day air. I think 2 day was about $35, but they do deliver! Also, DHL is good too.

I'd swear by the Us postal service, as long as you don't use my rural carrier.

I have sent my wife a few things, never had a problem, it was much cheaper, and it got quicker everytime. First package took 3.5 weeks, it was in customs for two weeks of it. Then the chinese post took a couple days.

My wife told me you should have put my cell # on the package. I now put it on there, and it is less days in customs. It is almost, like you are in the system. Any other thoughts on this.

I sent similar package same way (global priority), no problems, took about 8 days to get to her

163003[/snapback]

Well I hope that it si n't more than 8 days because if it is more than 11 days to delivery then :unsure:

I will have one very unhappy SO

but I should look at the Bright side :D

I will be over there in 20 days if I have to Over come anything

and I can hand deliver this stuff directly to the GUZ offices :blink:

163003[/snapback]

Well I hope that it si n't more than 8 days because if it is more than 11 days to delivery then :unsure:

163013[/snapback]

Don't you give this stuff to your SO in case the VO asks for it???

They usually don't look, except cursorily.

Don't send anything to the consulate unless asked to do so.

(Oh - I see the "overcome" now)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

163003[/snapback]

163013[/snapback]

The last thing I sent my wife through US Postal was just a Greeting card. She had it in a week.

Sorry folks but I may have LOST IT today  :blink: _ mentally since the FEDEX 'lost ''

So

NOW I am Really worried  :D

The POST OFFICE LADY told me it should arrive in 4-5 days ( I've heard that before -) :unsure:

Thanks

163002[/snapback]

I have used USPS Global Priority twice, my SO received one and the other never was delivered or lost, I have switched to DHL more costly but they call my SO to make delivery arrangements and you can track.

After having UPS take a month to deliver (to a spot where they said they serviced but didn't), to having my FedEx gifts age in a warehouse in Shenzhen, to having to pay exorbitant customs duties with DHL, I have nothing but praise for USPS Global Express. I can't vouch for Global Priority, but I have been more than satisfied with USPS.

Sorry folks but I may have LOST IT today  :ph34r: _ mentally since the FEDEX 'lost ''

So

NOW I am Really worried  :(

The POST OFFICE LADY told me it should arrive in 4-5 days ( I've heard that before -) :rolleyes:

Thanks

163002[/snapback]

I sent a number of packages to China through USPost Office. The most recent were sent via Golbal Priority to Wuhan (package delivered in 11 days) and Shanghai (8 and 10 days). I previously sent by regular package airmail to Fuzhou and it was delivered in 14 days. I also sent a global prioirty letter (with return receipt) to Consulate in Guangzhou and I think it got there within 10 days.

Overall, I am very pleased with the delivery, the packages were delivered intact and never got lost. The delivery time is a bit slower than I expect for "priority". Next time, I will send by regular airmail package and save a few bucks.

I am about to send a package of documents to my SO. I checked on the USPS to send it through their Global Express ( the one that uses FedEx to deliver) and they say they do not go to my SO's city (Liuzhou)....... And regular Global Priority is not going to fast enough. so I figure my only other choice is DHL? Anybody have a comment to this?

Thanks,

Scott