Hi,

I was looking at DHL's website and notice that there are alot of packages sent from NVC still at the gateway DHL. Since july of 2005!! Whats funny is that there are 17 articles from the NVC and the total weight is 398lbs!! Can some of our case packages be that heavy?? GZ still hasnt recieved my package. I think mine is somewhere in there. LOL

Hi,

I was looking at DHL's website and notice that there are alot of packages sent from NVC still at the gateway DHL. Since july of 2005!! Whats funny is that there are 17 articles from the NVC and the total weight is 398lbs!! Can some of our case packages be that heavy?? GZ still hasnt recieved my package. I think mine is somewhere in there. LOL

162960[/snapback]

yes,i have this same wonder as well..I was actual more luckier as i was told that my case was sent off to GZ by DHL on 26th Sep.and when i checked out the DHL website,i only saw one package on that date which was sent off to GZ from NVC,but i'm not sure if that is the one! I really want to know how i can find out if this package is what the US people told me which has been forwarded to GZ on 26th.Sep.!

okay, so what is the process at DHL to track your case?

I was informed my case shipped on 10-14-05, but DHL did not pick up anything from the NVC until 10-17-05, it arrived in Guangzhou on 10-19-05, status is, "On Hand" any clues to what that means?

didn't hear anything, so will try again.....

I was informed my case shipped on 10-14-05, but DHL did not pick up anything from the NVC until 10-17-05, it arrived in Guangzhou on 10-19-05, status is, "On Hand" any clues to what that means?

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

The visas sometimes seem to "sit there" and are picked up in the order they're received (at least that's what DHL says).

I spent some time with DHL help desk and they finally tracked it down - during Chinese New Year. I am convinced my pkg. was used as a doorstop while everyone was making merry during the New Year.

I read on visajourney that people are using EXPEDITE NIV SECTION instead of I-730 as the reference and have been finding their packages that way... but NIV stands for Non-Immigrant Visa, so I guess that will only work with K-1/K-3's.

166234[/snapback]

apparently EXPEDITE IV SECTION works as well... so maybe it is true that everyone has been tracking the wrong packages ;)

---NVC said they finished our file and sent it both electronically and via DHL on 9/23...........however she could not verify the day that DHL actually picked it up. Since 9/23 is a Friday, we are 'guessing' it was sent the following Monday 9/26. The package has been on-hand. We were told by DHL that 'on hand' and 'gateway' means it sits in customs until the consolate asks for it. Another call to DHL today said it will be delivered on Monday 11/7 to teh consolate. Over one month to wait just for NVC to GZ. ;)