visas for visiting China

Hello all. I am planning to visit China to see my SO in November, December, March and then June. I am wondering is there any easy way to get a multiple entry visa for China. It seems I have to get a single entry each time--somewhat expensive and a hassle. The Chinese embassy here has been less than helpful.

Thanks,

the chinese consulate in new year states that for L-Visa multiple entry for 12 months all you need is a copy of your certificate of marriage if you are married to your SO, and if you own a property in china, a certificate of the property. There are other requirements too...

Or you can get a 2 entry L-visa without this requirements.

Edited by ckhang (see edit history)

you can get a 2 entry visa that is good for 6 months about 1.5 times the the regular amount for single entry. you can download the application from the counsulate website. In Washington we have to make personal appearance to apply, I paid about $30 extra to get same day service, so I had lunch and returned in a couple of hours and there it was...

good luck

I applied directly to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles for a one year, unlimited multiple entry L catagory visa and obtained it in less than a week. The only limitation is that the visit durations are limited to 30 days each.

My reason was to visit friends. I am not married to lao po at this point.

Edit: And the fee was $150.

Edited by jim_julian (see edit history)

I don't know much about the multiple entry visa for those who are legally married, but it was no problem getting the two-entries-in six-months visa.

Since I don't live very close to Washington, DC, I use an outfit called "VisaRite" (easy to find on the web) and they are really nice and very honest.

I have a two-year multiple entry visa. I showed I went to China 3 times in past 15 months, and got letter of invitation from an acquaintance to visit his factory. I also indicated that I will visit relatives and to search and conduct business opportunities to export goods to US. They like the word "export" goods from China.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)
I have a two-year multiple entry visa.  I showed I went to China 3 times in past 15 months, and got letter of invitation from an acquaintance to visit his factory. I also indicated that I will visit relatives and to search and conduct business opportunities to export goods to US.  They like the word "export" goods from China.

162097[/snapback]

BF ... very cool. I will probably be able to show 5-6 visits on my current one year multi and can certainly write a letter with some export ideas. Two questions:

1. How much did the 2-year cost?

2. Does it still have the 30 day max each visit limit?

I have a two-year multiple entry visa.  I showed I went to China 3 times in past 15 months, and got letter of invitation from an acquaintance to visit his factory. I also indicated that I will visit relatives and to search and conduct business opportunities to export goods to US.  They like the word "export" goods from China.

162097[/snapback]

BF ... very cool. I will probably be able to show 5-6 visits on my current one year multi and can certainly write a letter with some export ideas. Two questions:

1. How much did the 2-year cost?

2. Does it still have the 30 day max each visit limit?

162119[/snapback]

Jim -

I used the service of CSCA (Chinese Service Center of America).

http://www.visamailservice.com/index.php?P...4a4cbef617edee0

Took about 9 days. Sent by priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. Received in self addressed stamped priority mail.

Still 30 days limit per visit.

CSCA - Chinese Service Center of America

11713 Tifton Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

This case was processed under processing time code standard

Order # 1

Citizenship: US

Application type: 2 Years Multiple Entry

Consular fee: 150.00

Process fee: 49.99

Express fee: 0.00

Sub total: 199.99

Total: 199.99

Self Stamped: $2.99

Discount: (0.00)

Total charges: 202.98

My mailing cost (priority mails - two ways): about 10.00

Total 212.98

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)