Bejing medical experience

ed and ying

Ying just completed her medical in Beijing, a few notes:

She arrived at the International Medical Center Beijing Tongren Hospital (at the Lufthansa Center) a little after 8 am, was finished at 10:00 am and told to return at 1:30 pm.

1. As reported by David, 6 photos are required, 2 for the hospital and 4 for GUZ.

2. Had no problem with the computer filled forms

3. They did require 3 copies of both the DS-156 and DS-157, one in English and two in Chinese.

Luckily, Ying had blank forms with her and filled out another set in Chinese. She was on her way with the completed package shortly after 2:00 pm

Ed, great news to hear another step completed..

Can you clarify that you are also paid the visa fee [in BJ], prior to pickup of medical envelope...

---

For reference:

Medical in BJ; Pay visa in BJ

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12377

159621[/snapback]

Hi

Where do I find the GNI-2 and GIV-24 Forms ?

I have been looking on the Internet but no luck so far

our stasis is that we are a K1 visa and are now at the Guz with the P3 accepted September 16 ,2005 .

Seems like there is Always Some new form that we have to fill out

Thanks

Richard

Ed, great news to hear another step completed..

Can you clarify that you are also paid the visa fee [in BJ], prior to pickup of medical envelope...

---

For reference:

Medical in BJ; Pay visa in BJ

Hi

Where do I find the GNI-2 and GIV-24 Forms ?

I have been looking on the Internet but no luck so far

our stasis is that we are a K1 visa and are now at the Guz with the P3 accepted September 16 ,2005 .

Seems like there is Always Some new form that we have to fill out

Thanks

Richard

159676[/snapback]

Hi :rolleyes:

I quess that I did not look carefully enough

I found the Forms on the CFL site

My So went to Shamian for her medical on Friday the 7th in the early morning. They asked for the interview letter and entered it into their computer. It was very crowded possibly because this week was a holiday, and she didn't finish her exam until about 11:00 am. She was told to come back on Tuesday the 11th to pick up the results and collect the forms. We didn't fill out the medical forms and let the medical staff filled it out. She did not pay the extra 100RMB to expedite it. My SO was in GUZ to visit friends on the October Holiday week and would still be there the following week as well. There was no need to waste 100RMB. She just paid their medical fee.

On the 11th she paid the 830RMB visa fee at the bank and picked up the receipt. She went to a travel agency to book the Star Hotel for the 19th for one night. The GUZ travel agent gave her a cheaper price than the hotel did. My SO also inquired about the one way airfare to the US at the same time. Sometimes you have to give the travel agent a hint of future business so that they will help you now. She reserved the room with cash and got the receipt. Then she went back to Shamian to take care of the documents. The hospital staff ripped off unnecessary pages from the never married and birth certificate and placed that and the police report in the envelope. They tore the top bank receipt off and placed it in the envelope. The staff member gave the second copy of the receipt to my SO. They asked for 4 photos even though she had more with her. I guess GUZ will ask for them at the interview. They then collected the forms GUZ sent in the P4 packet. We filled that out two months ago when I was in China (What I downloaded from the net and not the snail mail from GUZ). My SO also had blank forms just in case but she was not asked for them. They sealed the envelope and told her not to open it and bring the envelope to the interview. They also told her to come back the day after the interview for the vacination shots.

does it make a difference on type of VISA regarding the medicals?

Ying just completed her medical in Beijing, a few notes:

She arrived at the International Medical Center Beijing Tongren Hospital (at the Lufthansa Center) a little after 8 am, was finished at 10:00 am and told to return at 1:30 pm.

1. As reported by David, 6 photos are required, 2 for the hospital and 4 for GUZ.

2. Had no problem with the computer filled forms

3. They did require 3 copies of both the DS-156 and DS-157, one in English and two in Chinese.

Luckily, Ying had blank forms with her and filled out another set in Chinese.  She was on her way with the completed package shortly after 2:00 pm

159620[/snapback]

This is the first I have heard about the 3 copies.......

And I know she does not have any completed in chinese.......

Can you elaborate on this for me?

Thanks,

Scott