So already has a passport issued last year

My SO had a Chinese passport issued in November of 2004 , will she have any problem getting out of China if she gets the K-1 visa ( time projection is January - P3 was sent back September 1 , 2005 ) ? :o

HER DAUGHTER ALSO HAS A PASSPORT ISSUED IN JUNE 2005 .

DO WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE ?

dO WE HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN - NO CHINESE OFFICAL HAS SEEN ANY LETTERS OF INVITATION ,NO TAX RETURNS ETC. :P

After reading what everyone else's SO is doing to get a passport I am wondering whether we are lucky or whether we have to start over again and get her a new passport .

Thanks

Richard

If she has a valid passport so much the better. Saves you one step. The chinese gov wont be looking at her passport. she will need to bring it to the interview to get her visa put into it. As long as it is not near expiration date. I'm not sure but i think a chinese pasport is good for 5 years. There may be an outside chance that the VO doing the interview would want to know why she got a passport back then--not much of a problem is she has an answer.

Yes, Chinese passports are normally valid for 5 years. So hers will probably be good until 2009. I guarantee all your current paperwork will be done by then.

FYI - there is no Chinese paperwork that she has to do on her end in terms of leaving China. She doesn't have to fill out any Chinese immigration forms, no tax returns, doesn't have to get any governmental permission, nothing. In terms of her leaving China, the only paperwork she has to take care of wtih Chinese authorities is hand over her passport at the airport (so they can stamp it) befores she boards the plane.

She and her daughter are good to go.... just be sure all of your paperwork is in order..... and good luck!!

keep us posted on your preparations and if you have any more questions, lay 'em on us!!

If she has a valid passport so much the better. Saves you one step.  The chinese gov wont be looking at her passport. she will need to bring it to the interview to get her visa put into it. As long as it is not near expiration date. I'm not sure but i think a chinese pasport is good for 5 years.  There may be an outside chance that the VO doing the interview would want to know why she got a passport back then--not much of a problem is she has an answer.

155331[/snapback]

I am pretty sure 5 years is the validity. My SO has shown me hers and I was surprised that the passport was only good for 5.

I would just explain to the VO that the petitioner helped secure the passport during one of the visits (if asked). I don't see the time frame as an issue... but we are dealing with the American consulate in Guangzhou now, aren't we! :unsure: