K3/CR1 - Where you asked Questions?

David start a topic K1 ceremony in china reminded me of the day I married my darling SO. Getting offically married in China is about as romantic as the DMV is here (but moves faster).

I'm sitting there across the double desk as this guy fills in the certificates as neatly as he can. SO is talking with him and she turns to me with a hopeful look on her face and says,

"Man asks if you like my family?" Yes sir I do, very much.

"Man ask if you love me?" Oh yes, yes sir I do.

After each of my answers she translates. With the last answer she translates with a big, glowing smile on her face. :whistling: :whistling:

Where were you guys/gals asked? Anything?

Well, apart from being required to dictate the state required marriage vows in Chinese, not much...

well, there was that singles certificate that they wouldn't accept from GZ and made us go back for a new one. They said that it was out of date, despite the fact that it wasn't. It read 11 4 2003 but the marriage office read it as April 11th instead of Nobember 4th...

grumble grumble....

I was asked the following questions:

How did you meet?

When did you meet?

Have you met his family?

Do you get along with his family?

Do you love him?

Have you had disagreements with each other?

What kind of disagreements?

Are you happy to marry him?

That was it...

Then they gave us the little red books.

149154[/snapback]

My wife and I was married in chongqing. We had some papers translated and went to the marriage office. Like the post before said like going to the dmv. I was asked no questions turned in the paper work had are picture taken and on are way.

I was asked the following questions:

How did you meet?

When did you meet?

Have you met his family?

Do you get along with his family?

Do you love him?

Have you had disagreements with each other?

What kind of disagreements?

Are you happy to marry him?

That was it...

Then they gave us the little red books.

149154[/snapback]

My wife and I was married in chongqing. We had some papers translated and went to the marriage office. Like the post before said like going to the dmv. I was asked no questions turned in the paper work had are picture taken and on are way.

149367[/snapback]

same for me in Shanghai, going back and forth in the registers office to get photos, the ceremony, then the book.... no questions directly to me, she talked about some stuff.....

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)

Yin and I were asked one question and one question only at the Chengdu Registration office; "Do you wish to be married?" After that we were issued red books. Although Yin wasn't happy with her first photograph the clerk took. She asked the clerk retake our photograph. The second time was the charm. Sighhhhhhhhh It's going to be interesting in this marriage, I was thinking to myself.

However, I wish that US DMVs were this efficent, as the Marriage Offices are in PRC.

Yin and I were asked one question and one question only at the Chengdu Registration office;  "Do you wish to be married?"  After that we were issued red books.  Although Yin wasn't happy with her first photograph the clerk took.  She asked the clerk retake our photograph.  The second time was the charm.  Sighhhhhhhhh  It's going to be interesting in this marriage, I was thinking to myself. 

However, I wish that US DMVs were this efficent, as the Marriage Offices are in PRC.

149460[/snapback]

We had our photos for the red book taken at a commercial studio. There was NO WAY my wife would have a photo of her that she couldn't edit. :lol:

Yin and I were asked one question and one question only at the Chengdu Registration office;  "Do you wish to be married?"  After that we were issued red books.  Although Yin wasn't happy with her first photograph the clerk took.  She asked the clerk retake our photograph.  The second time was the charm.  Sighhhhhhhhh  It's going to be interesting in this marriage, I was thinking to myself. 

149460[/snapback]

We had our photos for the red book taken at a commercial studio. There was NO WAY my wife would have a photo of her that she couldn't edit. :lol:

149470[/snapback]

LOL,

Bob, I love it. Just don't tell Yin, If she found out that your wife had the photo done outside the office she'll want a third bite at the apple.