Cheap flights--again

Do a lot of shopping on line.

Call a travel agent in your city's chinatown to see if they can help (didn't help me!).

Do a search on Candle as this has been talked about many times before.

Personally, I get the best deal flying China Eastern from:

www.bt-store.com.

I got a round trip ticket and she was able to book a cheap one way ticket on the same China Eastern flight so we could return together.

I paid $580 RT and hers was $360.

Oh, but we flew in and out of Shanghai to LAX!

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

As of the Time of this posting, here is what I found for us, so I am sure that it will be much cheaper for you:

Using USCHINATRIP.COM For a one way, one person, Coach:

Nanning > Guangzhou > LAX > Charlotte, NC $819.00

This is for a September 30th travel Date

You may want to recheck their site. :D

I've flown out of LAX to GZ nonstop for $660. It now lists for $703 on China Southern.  There are cheaper but most have 4-6 hour layovers--ain't Worth a few bucks!!

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. :redblob: Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

I've flown out of LAX to GZ nonstop for $660. It now lists for $703 on China Southern.  There are cheaper but most have 4-6 hour layovers--ain't Worth a few bucks!!

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. :greenblob: Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

143078[/snapback]

what is the travel agents phone number? I would like to contact them to see what they can do for me in November.... My pricing so far has been just under a $1,000

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. :D Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

143078[/snapback]

what is the travel agents phone number? I would like to contact them to see what they can do for me in November.... My pricing so far has been just under a $1,000

143104[/snapback]

Rosa Lee

Rosa Travel Agency

817 S. Sierra Vista Ave. #B

Alhambra, CA 91801

Ph# 626-458-8688

Fax# 626-602-3871

email: rosalax@hotmail.com

I hope she can help! Please let me know if she did. Tell her hello for me and that I am up to knowing 10 Chinese words, so now will she change her mind. ------ its a inside joke

Suggestion:

Would it help if there was a place to post our travel information. One for comparison purposes and aiding in obtaining the best deal.

Two - just maybe hooking up with fellow CFLers who may be in transit or staying in country at the same time????

Phil

I've flown out of LAX to GZ nonstop for $660. It now lists for $703 on China Southern.0„2 There are cheaper but most have 4-6 hour layovers--ain't Worth a few bucks!!

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. :blink: Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

143078[/snapback]

HEY!!! How 'bout hookin us up. i'll be going in April and I like that 'upgraded' seat thing!!!!!

Guest blsqueaky
I've flown out of LAX to GZ nonstop for $660. It now lists for $703 on China Southern.?? There are cheaper but most have 4-6 hour layovers--ain't Worth a few bucks!!

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. :blink: Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

143078[/snapback]

HEY!!! How 'bout hookin us up. i'll be going in April and I like that 'upgraded' seat thing!!!!!

143181[/snapback]

Trigg, then you will hate this, I just found out today that Ling and I have enough miles booked on NW, next flight, buy the coach price, upgrade to First Class, R/T. Is that not the cats meow

I've flown out of LAX to GZ nonstop for $660. It now lists for $703 on China Southern.0„2 There are cheaper but most have 4-6 hour layovers--ain't Worth a few bucks!!

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. B) Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

143078[/snapback]

143181[/snapback]

Here's the info Trigg

Rosa Lee

Rosa Travel Agency

817 S. Sierra Vista Ave. #B

Alhambra, CA 91801

Ph# 626-458-8688

Fax# 626-602-3871

email: rosalax@hotmail.com

I hope she can help! Please let me know if she did. Tell her hello for me and that I am up to knowing 10 Chinese words, so now will she change her mind. ------ its a inside joke

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
I've flown out of LAX to GZ nonstop for $660. It now lists for $703 on China Southern.?? There are cheaper but most have 4-6 hour layovers--ain't Worth a few bucks!!

143047[/snapback]

I just got back from Nanning about two and half weeks ago. My ticket out of Tampa to LAX to Guz to Nanning was a little over a grand on China Southern. I got what they called an upgraded econmy class seat. It was a seat bigger than coach - but smaller than First class. I truly enjoyed it and will do it again. :redblob: Used a Chinese friend's travel agent.

143078[/snapback]

143181[/snapback]

Trigg, then you will hate this, I just found out today that Ling and I have enough miles booked on NW, next flight, buy the coach price, upgrade to First Class, R/T. Is that not the cats meow

143224[/snapback]

Squeakster--do you really think they will go through all the trouble to change the name of "first class" just for you. What I mean is they will never let you in anything that has the CLASS in it!!!