Sept Interviews coming up

Make sure your paperwork you've been putting off is all done:

Beneficiary:

The documents needed to be translated and notarized from Chinese to English for k-1 are

- Single certificate (good for one year)

- Divorce certificate (if divorced)

- Birth certificate

- Police Certificates (good for one year)

Petitioner:

1. At least a copy of your passport, although a notarized one is recommended

2. I-134, signature is signed in front of a notary.

3. Tax returns or tax transcripts (1 year, although many bring 3 years)

4. Bank statement

5. Employment letter

6. Intent to marry, notarized

My SO just got her translations done... total cost about 1200 RMB.

I won't be doing a bank letter since my income covers it and I am not listing assets.

Just sent off my employer letter.. Have taxes and W2s (you can use e-returns or transcripts as needed).. will do I-134 next... and also do another "Intent to Marry"...

I'm planning on going to GUZ...

Only thing left is stressing out.. I'll save that for the night before ! :ph34r:

UGH !!! Forgot, got to get my visa for my passport :blink: :D

Hope I don't forget to setup a flight...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Beneficiary:

The documents needed to be translated from Chinese to English for k-1 are

- Birth certificate

Petitioner:

1. At least a copy of your passport, although a certified one is recommended

2. I-134, certified

4. Bank statement

5. Employment letter

My SO just got her translations done...  total cost about 1200 RMB.

I won't be doing a bank letter since my income covers it and I am not listing assets.

Just sent off my employer letter..  Have taxes and W2s (you can use e-returns or transcripts as needed).. will do I-134 next... and also do another "Intent to Marry"...

Only thing left is stressing out.. I'll save that for the night before !  :ph34r:

UGH !!!  Forgot, got to get my visa for my passport  :blink:  :D

139256[/snapback]

David,

You mentioned notarized intent to marry, which I have covered just in case. Why then does this site not mention this step? Is this a trap by our government? I have encountered that things are not always what they seem to be or printed to be... ;) My friend who has completed the whole process and has his new wife here in the states says he did not have one (intent to marry) and is not needed.

Copied and pasted from the following:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1315.html#6d

Applying for a Visa

The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancé(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa tells you of any additional specific requirements, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. The following is required:

A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.

Birth certificate

Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

Police certificate from all places lived since age 16

Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)

Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support may be requested.)

Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)

One Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

Two nonimmigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)

Evidence of a fiancé relationship

Payment of fees, as explained below.

The consular officer may ask for additional information according to the circumstances of the case. Documents in foreign languages should be translated.

Take clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, to the interview. Original documents can then be returned to you.

Beneficiary:

- Birth certificate

Petitioner:

2. I-134, certified

4. Bank statement

5. Employment letter

Just sent off my employer letter..  Have taxes and W2s (you can use e-returns or transcripts as needed).. will do I-134 next... and also do another "Intent to Marry"...

Only thing left is stressing out.. I'll save that for the night before !  :ph34r:

UGH !!!  Forgot, got to get my visa for my passport  :o  :blink:

139256[/snapback]

Got all that checked.

Thank you! :D

Beneficiary:

- Birth certificate

Petitioner:

2. I-134, certified

4. Bank statement

5. Employment letter

UGH !!!  Forgot, got to get my visa for my passport  :o  :o

139256[/snapback]

Got all that checked.

Thank you! :D

139266[/snapback]

did you almost forget the flaming hoola hoop and the little chuwa wa dogs with dunce hats... they like to ask for that when you least expect it. i'm bringing mine. notarized in English and Chinese. can never be too careful. :blink: :D :P

Petitioner:

David,

You mentioned notarized intent to marry, which I have covered just in case. Why then does this site not mention this step?

Opinon of mine (nevermind what that's worth...) is that the notorized intent to marry is disclosed on the visa web site link you gave.

specifically: "Evidence of a fiance relationship." Time and again research has shown that a recent notorized intent is what they want.

David, start cleaning and then clean some more.  After everything is spic and span, throw a tent outside and stay there so you don't mess up anything.

PS Bury the mops.

139262[/snapback]

I'll throw out the brooms as well. Cleanup starts this weekend.. :blink:

139265[/snapback]

http://bergoiata.org/gif/0000balais.gif

Petitioner:

David,

You mentioned notarized intent to marry, which I have covered just in case. Why then does this site not mention this step?

Opinon of mine (nevermind what that's worth...) is that the notorized intent to marry is disclosed on the visa web site link you gave.

specifically: "Evidence of a fiance relationship." Time and again research has shown that a recent notorized intent is what they want.

139296[/snapback]

And ...

There is a 9 FAM comment, which if taken too literally by a VO, allows them to question the relationship if the visa issuance has taken a long time (ie: does the petitioner still 'intent' to marry after all this time).

As we know, the VO is allowed to ask for almost anything they want... this step just takes away any curve ball concerning your continued intent to meet the expectations of the K1 visa.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Only thing left is stressing out.. I'll save that for the night before !  :lol:

UGH !!!  Forgot, got to get my visa for my passport  :o  :D

139256[/snapback]

..don't forget to turn out the lights when you leave..... :)

Petitioner:

2. I-134, certified

4. Bank statement

5. Employment letter

139256[/snapback]

Now when you say "certified", do you mean notarized? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something extra I need to do for my Affidavit of Support, etc.

The answer is NOTARIZED... I will strike the word 'certified' from the FAQ list you quoted:

The I-134 has the 'sworn and notarized' part built into the bottom of the sheet...

---

Let's start with definitions, since that is sure to make it more confusing :D

1. A certified copy means that the document is an accurate and true copy of an original.

2. A notarized document is a certified copy of an original document duly notarized by a Notary Public or other authorized person; or A notary's signature certifies that the signature on the document is really the signature of the person named on the document. Once a notary has signed the document the document is notarized although many notaries add a seal.

---

I will say that this is not a requirement, but a safeguard. I have recently come in possession of copies of the denial and overcome evidence forms.. and it clearly states what the VO can ask for in the case of a denial:

"Provide a notarized copy of the petitioner's passport pages clearly showing Chinese visa and entry/exist stamps. Copy the entire passport, even if some pages are blank. Properly notarize each page as seen and compared to original copy by notary. All entry and exist stamps must be legible."

---

That having been said, I will state that 'experience' has shown that at least one person was requested this by a VO and got it notarized at the Consulate, but in a 'bound' approach (not each page).

---

Here is what will be in the 'interview FAQ' on the passport methods...

The gentleman was kind enough to make a notarized color copy of my passport, gratis! There ARE nice people at the consulate after all. The notarized copy of my passport was similar to the notarized translation of our marriage certificate; all pages copied, then bound together, and the notarial script was put on the cover.

So long story short; you should not have to get each individual page notarized if the copied pages are bound by the notary, with the outside cover being notarized regarding the contents within. All my multi-page docs that were notarized were done in China. I can see how a notary in the USA would try to pad the fees by telling you that each page must be done individually.

I supplied the main page with my photo and info numbers etc and the Chinese visa page when I did the 129.. Here’s what I did. Went to my computer and typed in word //This is a true copy of passport number xxxxx belonging to Mr. xxx-xx certified on // Date line //by line. I moved that down on the page to about a quarter of the way from the bottom and printed it out..; Now you have a blank page with that statement on it. Now turn on your color scanner and scan the passport thru to your printer (make sure you put the blank page with the statement on it in the printer so it prints the passport on that side with the statement and you are ready to go. Take to the notary and show them your passport and have them certify if you do the copying should save you a heck of a lot.. But why pay at all go to your bank as you are a customer they should notarize for free

I certified my passport differently. I did it the expensive way. I had all pages of my passport copied by the notary, including the blank pages. I had the blank pages copied because the notary writes:

I herby ____Notary_name___ certify that ___Me____ presented before me an original passport on ___Date___. Attached is a true, accurate, and complete copy of the original with a notary seal.

Then he stamped and sealed each page. He and I only signed the top sheet. He also put a copy of my driver's license on the first page.

Technically the notary can't certify the copy if you make the copy of the passport. He can make a jurat for you which states you certify the copy and the notary certifies your signature. You may be able to find a notary who will still certify the copy you made yourself.

I made copies of the title page and my visa to China. At the top I put the title "TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT AND VISA FOR "MY NAME""

On the last page I inserted the statement "I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF THE PASSPORT AND VISA BELONGING TO "MY NAME." SWORN BEFORE ME ON ________________."

___________________________ NOTARY PUBLIC