My fiance passed interview today!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
VO kept insisting to her that our 18 month relationship was still too young for her to make a decision to get married, but she kept saying we were both in love and our family friend introduced us to each other. The VO kept insisting that the relationship was too young, and he even said that if she didn't agree with his position, then he would be suspcious of our relationship. The VO was trying to trick her into agreeing with him, and if she did change her mind and agree 18 months was too young for us to get married, then he would really be suspcious of our relationship.

Finally, the VO smiled and said that he approved her visa application and pick it up at the post office. He said something to the effect of that he was glad she was coming to the US and wished her luck with the marriage.

She responded the best way to this coercive questioning tactic. You know, really, by all rights, it's none of their business whether the relationship is one week, or 20 years regarding whether it's enough to base a marriage upon.

Good for you, and for her for staying strong through that questioning line.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations!!!!!! What a week this is for CFLers. Any idea how others did on your day? Ping said almost everyone she saw coming out on Wednesday had to return with additional evidence. She was getting a little worried because she only saw a few come out having passed and she was one of the last to go in.

Congratulations to both of you! We are up for our interview on the 30th and will be sure to let everyone know how it goes.  It will be a little different from most, I imagine, as Dan doesnt speak English.  Anyone have any experience with this?

- Jon

There seem to be more and more interviews in chinese... I have changed my feeling a little bit about it being a big handicap... I think that doing it in english is probably brownie points though...

Congratulations to both of you!   We are up for our interview on the 30th and will be sure to let everyone know how it goes.  It will be a little different from most, I imagine, as Dan doesnt speak English.  Anyone have any experience with this?

- Jon

There seem to be more and more interviews in chinese... I have changed my feeling a little bit about it being a big handicap... I think that doing it in english is probably brownie points though...

Doing it in English is proof of ability to communicate together to have a relationship. If the SO can not demonstrate ability in English then other evidence of ability to communicate as a couple is needed.

I remember a newspaper article my SO showed me when we started this. It concerned refusal of a Chinese husband by the Swedish Embassy to get a visa to visit his inlaws. The couple had been married two years and they wanted to fly to Sweden so her parents could meet their several months old baby. The Swedish Embassy had egg plastered all over their faces by the Chinese press. The issue was visa fraud because he did not speak Swedish and she didn't speak Chinese. The press had a field day saying that "to Chinese, a couple having a baby indicates they have a relationship".

For the ability to communicate, I mentioned in my second letter of intent to marry that I was originally a Chinese Linguist for the government then provided a notarized list of all my degrees and certificates. The list included

BA in Chinese from University of Hawaii with 4.0GPA

DD-214 stating I was a Chinese Linguist

Diploma in Chinese from the Defense Language Institute

Certificate of Mandarin-English Translation from Language Line Univeristy

Assessment score from Language Line Univeristy of 94% in Chinese, the final paragraph stating: "It should be noted that Mr Harwood has attained a level of proficiency in Chinese few English-speaking natives ever achieve"

Certificate of Advanced Chinese studies from Hainan Univeristy

Certificate of Intermediate Chinese Studies from Brigham Young Univeristy

Certificate of Immersion Studies from Beijing International Studies Center

Certificate of Intermediate Chinese Studies from the Joint Language Center

A notarized letter in Chinese and English from a Taiwanese friend attesting to my abilities in Mandarin and the genuine nature of Dan and I's relationship

I then included copies of all the documents with corresponding serial numbers to those on the list.

I dont see how they would need further evidence than this, but you never know

:wub:

Congratulations to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May you continue to be happy always and forever.

Melvin and Lianying (melvin from: Havelock nc / Lianying from: Nanning

Timeline:

met online ........................................2/2003

went to china....................................12/16/2003

married in nanning............................12/18/2003

stayed in nanning 1 month................1/15/2004

sent in I-130......................................1/16/2004

1st noa received................................1/21/2004

sent in I-129F......................................2/25/2004

1st noa for I-129F received.................3/4/2004

2nd noa for I-129F received.................10/20/2004

nvc sent to GZ......................................10/25/2004

p3 package received.............................12/18/2004

p3 sent to GZ........................................2/5/2005

2nd noa for I-130 received....................1/15/2005

p4 received............................................5/10/2005

interview................................................6/13/2005

visa picked up........................................6/15/2005

fly to america (JFK).................................7/14/2005

togather at last......................................7/14/2005

Thanks everyone for everything.

Another thing I fogot to mention was the VO had asked my fiance whether she had been using the "001" website.

He didnt look at any emails or phone bills.

Feathers,

I pm,ed you... Sorry about the late reply, but her mom came in on the day of the interview to support her and we've been busy taking her mom around, and celebrating. If you and Jen still are able to meet tonite , then just pm me. We are at the Shamian hotel.