My fiance passed interview today!

Fiance passed interview, Finally!!!!

D :( :lol: :lol: :o

Thanks for all the advice from people on here! Couldn have done it without the help from people from this forum. If I had listened to my crummy lawyer's advice, then she would have failed the interview.

My fiance's inteview was about 5 minutes and she said the VO made a good impression and laughed about some drawings she made on the hand written letters. She said he was a nice white male VO who asked her if she wanted the interview in Chinese, but she said English was fine. The VO was impressed with her English.

One of the things I was worried about was a faxed copy of her Police Certificate she provided them with, but all she was asked about that was when the original would be in. She told them it was on the way, and it seemed to be enough for them.

Items VO focused on were pictures (he looked at all 50 pictures), Affidavit of Support, a couple of handwritten letters which he found amusing, and my passport.

VO kept insisting to her that our 18 month relationship was still too young for her to make a decision to get married, but she kept saying we were both in love and our family friend introduced us to each other. The VO kept insisting that the relationship was too young, and he even said that if she didn't agree with his position, then he would be suspcious of our relationship. The VO was trying to trick her into agreeing with him, and if she did change her mind and agree 18 months was too young for us to get married, then he would really be suspcious of our relationship.

Finally, the VO smiled and said that he approved her visa application and pick it up at the post office. He said something to the effect of that he was glad she was coming to the US and wished her luck with the marriage.

Again thanks for all the help.... time to celebrate with her family today.!

Feathers,

Hope we can both celebrate tommorow. Please pm me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The line of questioning about 18 months being  young relationship is a new twist ?  ( I hope 30+ months is okay)

This issue is what I consider one of my weakness in my application... by the time of the interview, I will of known Zixuan about 13 months... I have wondered for some time if a VO would make this an issue...

I think the key is 'confidence' in the answer... and we got a great example posted here by John90 !!

The line of questioning about 18 months being  young relationship is a new twist ?  ( I hope 30+ months is okay)

This issue is what I consider one of my weakness in my application... by the time of the interview, I will of known Zixuan about 13 months... I have wondered for some time if a VO would make this an issue...

I think the key is 'confidence' in the answer... and we got a great example posted here by John90 !!

Don't get me wrong, I think 18, 12, 6 months is plenty.

I just do not undersatand the line of questioning, seems like a direct attempt to rattle the interviewee. Just more psycho-babble techniques. Basically worthless but gives the impression you are doing something

The line of questioning about 18 months being  young relationship is a new twist ?  ( I hope 30+ months is okay)

Don't get me wrong, I think 18, 12, 6 months is plenty.

I just do not undersatand the line of questioning, seems like a direct attempt to rattle the interviewee. Just more psycho-babble techniques. Basically worthless but gives the impression you are doing something

Ed... I don't take you in the wrong way... no issue...

Think of the VO as an interrogator and it should make sense... they want to cross check the applicant ... like customs asking "how long did you stay in china"... as they are stamping the visa... my first trip, I was caught off guard by this and answered as if they asked "where did you stay in china".. and he repeated the question !!! :lol:

:lol:  :redblob: Congratulations, Great News !!!  :P  :redblob:

The line of questioning about 18 months being  young relationship is a new twist ?  ( I hope 30+ months is okay)

I also get drawings on the handwritten letters - love them

Anyway - Congrats and Best Wishes

hi, Ed and Ying,

very happy to hear Ying got letter from GUZ. So go ahead to let Ying prepare enough information, and bring it to GUZ. Actually when i was in terviewed. the office nothing to read it. Just asked me very simple question. So don't be worry!

Wait for your good news!!

P.S. Trevor is my honey. I called Ying several days ago.

Wendy

Feathers, 

Hope we can both celebrate tommorow.  Please pm me.

John90,

I talked with the higher power in this matter and she would be delighted to meet with you both tomorrow. :D I'll PM you in the morning about it. B)

LeeFisher3,

Couldn't be more right. I have already started my training. While shopping today, I'd just hand Jen my wallet and was also forbid from entering Blenz earlier. :lol: