Emails to Guangzhou

Guest Gene

My wife and son had a very easy interveiw. A couple of question about when we were divorced and they wanted the letter from my employer. We were prepared for anything, I used the "kitchen sink" theory. I was especially concerned about the custody questions of my new son, so we had her complete divorce papers translated and notorized and a letter from his father translated and notorized. Not one question about that or one question to him at all. She did notice copies of the emails I sent Guangzhou though. I didn't badger them nor was I ever condescending. But I made each letter personal, tried to tell them how much I loved them without sounding mushy, and how excited my son and I were to come to China to help with the interveiw procedings and that we would be waiting outside for our family to finally all be together. I believe it showed them our commitment to each other.

I emailed them every two weeks from the date she received P-3. I always had a basic question, besides when is the interveiw and always recieved a response, although it rarely answered my question.

I think this and Marks(blsqueaky) idea about registering personally at the consulate when in China and making a point to talk with as many people inside as possible do make a difference.

Well that's my 2 cents, I will get off the soap box now, thanks for listening. :unsure:

Polite inquiries should have a positive effect as it lets them know there is someone on the other end and the email can also be cross referenced with

the ones she brings to the interview.

And yes DOS knows how many times you've emailed GZ.

I've often thought about inviting them to my website to view our China travel pics.

Don't know if that would be pushing it though.

Guest blsqueaky
I think this and Marks(blsqueaky) idea about registering personally at the consulate when in China and making a point to talk with as many people inside as possible do make a difference.

Well that's my 2 cents, I will get off the soap box now, thanks for listening. :wub:

Thanks Gene for remembering. Yes, when in China, if you are near a consulate, stop in and register in person, again I say, if you are near one, otherwise, yes register on line, but to put a face, more important. I think that for me, the turning point was when after Ling and I were married, I even took a copy of one of our photos, and gave it to the head of the ASU then, and she could belive it, the first time that it ever happened, and I told her, that if it was not for her help and direction, the marriage papers might have had some problems.

As far as polite inquiries, yes, they make a big difference. I have emailed so many times that they now reply to me using my first name, and now they are telling me that they know what is going on with my papers, but still can not do anything without the hard copy. This burns me, but I understand.

Trigg, I have never told them what I really think. I am one not to rock the boat, so to speak. Last time I rocked the boat, I was in the lake

Well,

I agree with Frank who agrees with David who agrees with Dan who agrees with Triggzan who agrees with Gene.

This is sounding like a Mel Brooks movie. :P

At the least, it doesn't hurt and if it can help,......

Also thanks for the reminder. I'll make a point of going to the consulat and registering. B)

I emailed them a total of two times. ( Learned from others, and the consulate, that this was a waste of time to get real info). Did call DOS once a week. Probably a total of 10-12 times.

I never registered with GZ.

I did enter the consulate the morning of the interview, although I do not know if that counted for anything.

Yes, email them. But, use caution. Do not push them. Just remember, do not say anything that could piss them off. They hold all the cards. Be polite. One friend, even thanked them for their efficient work. I should have tried that one, his wife got her visa, we were delayed.

Yes, email them.  But, use caution.  Do not push them.  Just remember, do not say anything that could piss them off.  They hold all the cards.  Be polite.  One friend, even thanked them for their efficient work.  I should have tried that one, his wife got her visa, we were delayed.

heh, i have so many questions for the Sydney embassy, but i'm trying to give them a few days between emails. I'm like super courteous and thankful everytime, but i'm still afraid to "bug them" :lol:

Yes, email them.  But, use caution.  Do not push them.  Just remember, do not say anything that could piss them off.  They hold all the cards.  Be polite.  One friend, even thanked them for their efficient work.  I should have tried that one, his wife got her visa, we were delayed.

And our emails are in the computer... how do you bluff at this table? NOT !

great advice !