This is too all my CFL family. I want to offer some thoughts to the newbies, and plant a seed to all the old timers.

To the newbies:

Contact anyone who is going through this process, from your SO's home town, or near by. My wife attended a "Nanning get-together", and met some good people. They are now very good friends. They helped each other, and once my wife gets here, I know we are going to meet up again. I also met the guys online, and we shared some info that helped. Thanks again Wayne. We got together again in Guangzhou, and, if I may say so, those ties were solidified.

To us old timers:

I see alot of sectionalized get-togethers. Alot are going on in the Portland area. What if a National get- together were to be set up? Of course, it would have to somewhat centralized. Also planned far enough in advance, to allow anyone interested, to plan and attend. I can try to set something up here, given enough notice, but I live on the East Coast. Hardly centralized. Maybe a rotating, meeting.

The CFL family is large. There is a lot of advice coming from those in the process and those already out of the process. I know that when our trek is finally complete, I will not drop my ties to the CFL.

My father does it. He does it for any one who has ties to his ship he was on in the Navy. Could we do the same? I am open to any suggestions.

My wife attended a "Nanning get-together", and met some good people.  They are now very good friends.  .

Mike, My SO contacted c4racer and was able to telephone, chat and meet with several other Nanning SOs and wives. She has greatly enjoyed and benefited from these contacts.

If air fare specials are kind, meeting anywhere should be possible, with enough notice. Example- R/T LA to Portland, Or. and LA to Tampa, Fl. were both in the $200 range when I was looking. Something in the middle is a good start. Mardi Gras everyone?

Hi Michael,

I think it is a great idea, and you and I do not love that far apart. I live in eastern nc at the US marine base at camp lejuine in havelock nc. My children live in Va, Beach Va. where I lived for 13 years until the Base closing in Norfolk Va. in 1995. I know exactly where Smithfield Va. is, because I traveled through there when I was married to my first wife who is from Halifax, NC. My wife is from Nanning and I was married in Nanning in December of 2003. She is having her Visa interview 6/13/05. I am on pins and needles waiting for her to get it all over with and hopefully she will be here on 6/20/05 at the JFK airport where I plan to meet her there and then drive back to NC. My friend Gene from this site and his wife has been a great help to me and my wife getting through all the processes, therefore I know what you mean when you say we all have depended on someone from CFL for help. Take care,

Melvin

The idea of a national get together was raised a while back, and Las Vegas sounded like the concensus location, despite my preference for a hub city like Atlanta ( :greenblob: ). It never got off the ground, but the upcoming Portland get together is taking on some of the earmarks of a national thing.