Vaccination supplement

Reading the instructions for the i-485 it seems pretty clear to me that if my fiancee had her physical done within one year of applying for AOS we don't need to do the physical again. However, it does state pretty clearly that we do need to send in the "vaccination supplement". So my question is this....who has the form for the "vaccination supplement"....the doctor's office or do I bring it with me from the USCIS Web site? If I bring it with me what form number is it...does anyone know? I don't think its the I-693 as this is just for the complete physical exam...right?

If she is K1 she has already had her physical. You get the vacination supplement from a civil surgeon. You do not need to send it in with the I-485. Rather, you need to bring it with you to the AOS interview. The civil surgeon will put it in a sealed envelope for you to take to the interview.

I sent my I-485 in last April-2004. The wording was confusing as to wether or not to send in the vaccination supplement so I called UCIS. At that time they said it only needs to be brought to the interview. I haven't heard of any changes since then. Best to call UCIS and ask-if you can find anyone who knows.

Oh, I did call UCIS last week to make sure what to bring to our interview this month. They said bring the vac sup and PROOF she is a K1!!! Don't they know???

We went for the vaccination supplement today. I am not sure that the paperwork we recieved is what we will need. There seems to be a problem with the civil surgeons in this city. There are just three, and the first two I called insisted that she would need the entire physical. The third one seemed to understand what we need, and said c'mon down. After two hours in the office, she finally recieved the shots and all he gave us was this. It's nothing more than a statement on a prescription pad, with nothing at all to indicate that the good doctor is a civil surgeon.

Is there a problem here? I'm beginning to think that the CIS training person for this area is not providing a comprehensive service.

Yes you have a small problem, this is not the vaccination supplement.

The form states " Appendix A Supplemental Form to I-693" across the top. It lists all possible vaccines, dates given and outcome of finding by the doctor if they meet the requirements. Then the original is placed into a sealed envelope, taped and stamped around the seal to prove it has not been tampered with and written on it to be opened by INS only with date it was sealed.

They will give you a copy. I am planning to submit a copy with I-485. The cover letter will explain that we plan on submitting the original at AOS interview. The forms I read say it is optional to submit with I-485. I want to make sure the original makes it to the interview.

They of course tried to talk us into full physical, but I firmly stood my ground, stated the INS rules and had copies of the instructions just in case. Once we got to the clinic, the nurse seemed to know exactly what was expected. The receptionist was the one who did not know. It is sad the applicant who goes through the process once knows more than people who are suppose to be working on these cases monthly.

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong... but I believe the rules have recently changed.  Now you DO need to send the vaccination supplement with the AOS application.

F%*K!!!!

You might be right. I was RFE'd last Friday via email for something with the I-485. I am betting my bottom dollar its the vac supp. We didnot send a copy in. However only received an email and patiently waiting for the official word in the mail.... Hopefully today..

I would rather get an RFE during AOS then K1 anyday...

I'm reading the USCIS Web site for the I-693 instructions. It seems pretty clear to me you DO need to send in your vaccination supplement now for the I-485. Where is says "Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?", look under the "Exceptions" to this requirement in part 2, "Ks". Here's the link.

I-693 Instructions

It says "You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application."

Guest Long_strider

It can be different for different sites.....

It is suppose to be presented at the time of the AOS interview. However, some sites request it with the application process.

So that doesn't really help you, I know.....

I suggest, as an option...send it in with the application process and bring a copy to the interview.....That way you cover both options.

long_strider