Latest-Greatest BEST WAY to call China

This has been tackled a number of times here, but it's now the YEAR OF THE OX, so an update might be in order.

1. What are the BEST WAYs to call China from the USA in terms of quality AND price?
  2. What are the BEST WAYS to call around the USA in terms of quality AND price?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been tackled a number of times here, but it's now the YEAR OF THE OX, so an update might be in order.

1. What are the BEST WAYs to call China from the USA in terms of quality AND price?

Griz, this may well not be the best ways to call China and all across the US but it's what I do. :lol:

For China: Free call planet...$25 for 5,600 minutes, that's .0044 cents per minute.

To call Free call planet's California number and for my many calls in the US I pay Verizon $99.99 a month for unlimited minutes.

My calls are clear with the lil' rabbit and we often talk 5,500 to 6,500 minutes a month...not too bad for a couple the DOS deemed to not have a bona fide relationship, eh?

tsap seui

Skype is what I use. http://skype.com/prices/

I use the Skype Unlimited World for $99/year. Just be aware that SkypeToGo doesn't work in China and it doesn't include text messaging.

To call from China, I use a Chinese SIMM card. This may only work in Shanghai, but I have to put a 12593 before the number I dial to the US. It costs under 6 cents a minute to call to the US. Incoming calls are free. You have to set the plan up either on the web or by calling or by sending a special text message. There is a nominal fee per month (something like 10 RMB, but I don't remember). You have to have a Chinese ID to get a SIMM card and your cell phone has to be unlocked or you can buy a cell phone in China. Chinese cell phones are always unlocked. I had someone set it up for me and my fiancee set her phone up to call me that way.

When I have to use my cell phone in the US to call China, I use Mobivox at 1.9 cents a minute.

Edited by Bert-Jie Lin (see edit history)

I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but what I did was become an AT&T wireless customer. Then, they proceeded to screw up my account so badly :( that to keep from losing me as a customer, I get totally free cell service, roaming, texting, and voicemail to and from anywhere in the world for the next two years. :roller: I'll give you an update two years from now and let you know what my next trick will be! :roller:

I'm quite happy with onesuite.com at .022/minute recommended by our good friends Clayton & Wen Li. The reception is great, buying more minutes is a breeze, our 3 phones are recognized and we do not need to enter a pin number.

I still swear by italkbb (if you already have fast internet).

25$ a month, you get free long distance to 30+ countries (including China and Taiwan).

You get a china phone number that is free to call from most places inside China so our family (in china) can call us for free.

Because we pay 1 year at a time we get 250 minutes a month over our cell phones for free, and 2 more china phone numbers that ring direct to our individual cell phones.

The local number in China has been great for us as we still have property leased there, and if the realtor or tenants have issues, they just call us. It is a little strange to wake up to mandarin at 2 am, but worth it when it lets us settle problems without flying home.

I have been using Skype for years, to call a number in China the cost is 2 cents per minute.

ecallchina.com @ .016 a minute to China. Local and toll-free access numbers.

Damn, I thought paying .039 cents a minute was good, but my cell is provided by my employer so I only pay for the calls to China.

My wife only uses it in off peak times so we "no use minutes." Just got a discount for CNY and the rate is .014 per minute. It is a pinless recharge deal and can be used from several different phone numbers.

Griz, this may well not be the best ways to call China and all across the US but it's what I do. :cheering:

For China: Free call planet...$25 for 5,600 minutes, that's .0044 cents per minute.

To call Free call planet's California number and for my many calls in the US I pay Verizon $99.99 a month for unlimited minutes.

My calls are clear with the lil' rabbit and we often talk 5,500 to 6,500 minutes a month...not too bad for a couple the DOS deemed to not have a bona fide relationship, eh?

tsap seui

Ya know cuzin Tsap, that sounds like a great deal! :cheering: Since my womin don't wanna use minutes on that cell phone, she will call on off peak times. .0044 sure beats the heck out of .016. Every jiao counts in this here world Bubba! :rolleyes: Thanks for the tip dude!! Looks like I will sign up sews my wife can call home cheaper.

Looks like the phone companies are rackin up on these non bona fide relationships, eh??? You reckon they in cahoots? :cheering:

Griz, this may well not be the best ways to call China and all across the US but it's what I do. :lol:

tsap seui

Does this service track the date & the number you dialed and how long the call was?

tsap seui

Does this service track the date & the number you dialed and how long the call was?

Yes it does.