We got our NOA2 in the mail today, Notice Date 7/31 :D

The USCIS website still only says 7/27 as the receive date for my RFE, so they banged it out in 4 days after getting it! Although no update to my case online. Regrdless, I couldn't be happier... :lol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk
Outstanding!  Keep it moving.

236260[/snapback]

Tremendous. NVC probably already has your case and it will probably leave for Guangzhou within the week. Give them a call in the morning hoping for more good news.

236260[/snapback]

Tremendous. NVC probably already has your case and it will probably leave for Guangzhou within the week. Give them a call in the morning hoping for more good news.

236262[/snapback]

Thanks everyone!

Can it really be that quick to go through NVC? I can start trying to call them tomorrow? I'm on it, thanks!! :lol:

Guest pushbrk

236260[/snapback]

236262[/snapback]

Thanks everyone!

Can it really be that quick to go through NVC? I can start trying to call them tomorrow? I'm on it, thanks!! :)

236267[/snapback]

My K3 case was logged into NVC 7 days after NOA2 and shipped to GUZ 4 days later.

236260[/snapback]

236262[/snapback]

Thanks everyone!

Can it really be that quick to go through NVC? I can start trying to call them tomorrow? I'm on it, thanks!! :)

236267[/snapback]

My K3 case was logged into NVC 7 days after NOA2 and shipped to GUZ 4 days later.

236271[/snapback]

Now that's something to look forward to!! Here's hoping :roller: thanks!

236260[/snapback]

236262[/snapback]

Give who a call ?

If NVC, I don't recommend calling NVC... it should be quickly through there and you'll get a notice from them (if not two) that it's on its way to GUZ... I'd just hold tight a week or two.

Why not call NVC? It's through there so quickly and they don't really want to be called... how do I know that ? Based on an immigrant lawyers tour of the facilities... the program manager actually asked the lawyer to pass that message along to DIY community (Do It Yourself)...

Unless you suspect some delay, know the milestones and when to expect it at the different steps; in this case, you should get a letter from NVC within two weeks...

236260[/snapback]

236262[/snapback]

Give who a call ?

If NVC, I don't recommend calling NVC... it should be quickly through there and you'll get a notice from them (if not two) that it's on its way to GUZ... I'd just hold tight a week or two.

Why not call NVC? It's through there so quickly and they don't really want to be called... how do I know that ? Based on an immigrant lawyers tour of the facilities... the program manager actually asked the lawyer to pass that message along to DIY community (Do It Yourself)...

Unless you suspect some delay, know the milestones and when to expect it at the different steps; in this case, you should get a letter from NVC within two weeks...

236298[/snapback]

OK, thanks for the info. I don't know what I was looking at, but I thought the whole NVC part took a little longer than what I am seeing now. I need to do more reading about the next steps. :clapping:

Edited: in the FAQs section, it says what I've pasted below. This is no longer valid? I do not want to anger any program managers :clapping: Thanks David!

NVC Stage:

National Visa Center(NVC)

1-603-334-0700 Call after NOA2 they will give you the GUZ# and do the Security Check.

Try to call the NVC number, 603-334-0700.

Press 1 (for English)

Press 1 (for Immigrant Visa status)

Press 1 (for CIS receipt number - from your VSC NOA2 - I-797 form) or

Press 2 (for your NVC case number - you do not have this yet)

You can call anytime , so try 603-334-0700 then press 1 - 1 - 1 and enter your CIS receipt number. If the NVC has received your petition and assigned a case number the NVC automated system will tell your your wife's NVC case number. After you have this, you can now use the case number to check the status of your case at the NVC (if you do not need to talk to a live person).

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)

Congratulations!! You are half way there!!! As posted above, NVC can be a quick process. One week to get there and about three to four days to leave to proceed in crossing the pond. Then you start the DHL tracking. Should you call NVC and should you track your DHL package??

You will get various answers to this. Some guys do and some do not. What did I do?? I called NVC to get the new GUZ case number and tracked DHL. But, whatever you decide...congrats again!! :clapping:

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
Congratulations!!  You are half way there!!!  As posted above, NVC can be a quick process.  One week to get there and about three to four days to leave to proceed in crossing the pond.  Then you start the DHL tracking.  Should you call NVC and should you track your DHL package??

You will get various answers to this.  Some guys do and some do not.  What did I do??  I called NVC to get the new GUZ case number and tracked DHL.  But, whatever you decide...congrats again!! :clapping:

236385[/snapback]

Thanks again to everyone for the congrats!

Hmmm... I don't know if I have the strength to not call, ya know? I have to know! :clapping:

Guest pushbrk
Congratulations!!  You are half way there!!!  As posted above, NVC can be a quick process.  One week to get there and about three to four days to leave to proceed in crossing the pond.  Then you start the DHL tracking.  Should you call NVC and should you track your DHL package??

You will get various answers to this.  Some guys do and some do not.  What did I do??  I called NVC to get the new GUZ case number and tracked DHL.  But, whatever you decide...congrats again!! :)

236385[/snapback]

Thanks again to everyone for the congrats!

Hmmm... I don't know if I have the strength to not call, ya know? I have to know! :toot:

236390[/snapback]

I called NVC only twice. They were very nice and cooperative. The first day, I was told the GUZ number and that they had requested a name check. The man suggested I call back in a couple days when they expected to get the results. I did, and that same day the case was shipped to GUZ. I got no inkling that my calls were the least bit unwelcome.

In my case, the P3 arrived before DHL tracking indicated my case had cleared customs. I still don't quite understand why that happened in my case but otherwise rarely.