OK, Elf has flown ahead to Shenzhen to visit her sister and will head to Guangzhou tomorrow for her medical (4 days before interview). I am stuck here in Guizhou working and preparing papers for the interview. I will fly out on monday to meet her. The interview is Wednesday the 26th at 7:15 am. I saw a post here on CFL about a hotel/apartment rented out to interviewee's where the owners will help you with the interview process. I think we'll stay there.

As we get down to the wire, I have a few questions to ask -

1) I have filled out the I-864. It has to be notarized so I assume I can just go to the embassy and have them notarize it, then pass it on to Elf for her interview. Is this right?

2) We pay for the visa AFTER we successfully interview, right?

3) A blue slip is a request for more evidence, a white slip is an outright denial ... what color slip does she get if she passes the interview?

4) I love her, she loves me, so we just need to relax and be patient. This is all gonna work out for the best. Right? ;)

Keep us in your prayers, or if thats not your thing, keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully we'll have some good news for yall on Wednesday!

I saw a post here on CFL about a hotel/apartment rented out to interviewee's where the owners will help you with the interview process. I think we'll stay there.

1) I have filled out the I-864. It has to be notarized so I assume I can just go to the embassy and have them notarize it, then pass it on to Elf for her interview. Is this right?

3) A blue slip is a request for more evidence, a white slip is an outright denial ... what color slip does she get if she passes the interview?

4) I love her, she loves me, so we just need to relax and be patient. This is all gonna work out for the best. Right? ;)

Keep us in your prayers, or if thats not your thing, keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully we'll have some good news for yall on Wednesday!

208862[/snapback]

You'd better let your wife connect with the family hotel owner to book room if you plan live there, there are 3 family hotels, and sometime one of them will be full, so need book in advance.

1) Right! You can make the I-864 be notarized at guangzhou consulate free. I even read a lady reported her husband did that at the same morning when she went to interview, and then he gave her the notarized I-864,and she got the visa.There is a way connecting the citizen section to the visa hall and use same toilet.

2) I guess you already payed 380$ before you receive DS-230 if you are CR1. NVC won't mail that unless they got the money(There was some cases didn't pay and get P3 but very very few). If you alread payed, DON'T NEED PAY AGAIN.

3) Yes, a blue slip and a pink one is a request for more evidence, if she passes the interview she wil get an orange red slip.

4) Right, love will make everything possible. You can make role play to practise the interview.Your wife will have great self confidence!

Good luck for your wife's Interview! I am not expert, and I am still waiting my p3 but I already read CFL and 001 1.5 years,I am full of others experience hehe,

My husband and I will pray for you and waiting for your good news and report your experience.

One more question -

I am employed as an English teacher here in China. My monthly salary is $500. I clearly do not meet the minimum income requirement. My folks signed on as joint sponsors. How deeply will the VO go into this with Elf? She knows my parents can support us (and we can quickly find jobs) but she doesnt know the ins and outs of our finances. I guess Im stressing too much over this but its the only real snag I can see coming up during the interview.

How many of you had a VO who gave you beef over your finances?

Guest ShaQuaNew
One more question -

I am employed as an English teacher here in China. My monthly salary is $500. I clearly do not meet the minimum income requirement. My folks signed on as joint sponsors. How deeply will the VO go into this with Elf? She knows my parents can support us (and we can quickly find jobs) but she doesnt know the ins and outs of our finances. I guess Im stressing too much over this but its the only real snag I can see coming up during the interview.

208869[/snapback]

I don't recall seeing anyone that has had a problem at interview time relating to finances. As you mentioned, your salary does not meet the minimun requirement:

2006 HHS Poverty Guidelines

48 Contiguous States and D.C.

Size of Family Unit.....100%......125%

For each additional

person,add.............3,400.....4,250

You appear however to have already taken steps and gotten your parents to sign documents as a co-sponsor. As long as she has copies of these notarized papers there should be no problem.

Good luck... ;)

208862[/snapback]

I got both bases covered for ya Alec!! Good luck!! Oh, and when you are really stressing.....please revert back to your number 4 point and read it over and over again until you feel better ;)

One more question -

208869[/snapback]

Like you, I'm working and living in China. As you already have a co-sponsor, that's covered as it's required from my understanding. It's good to look at it from a point of view of "what don't I have, that they might be looking for."

In your case you are working in China or a foreign country and your not military personal. What's different about that is that your not living in the US and don't have a job there. Based on my friends experience, he was required to provide proof (Email's, letters from possible employers) of seeking employment in the US. He lived in China for over 3 years and I've been here for over 2 years. I know that I will have to provide evidence of seeking employment, because of how long I've been here.

Don't fret about it that much. It's really the only thing that could come up in your situation, due to filling as a DCFer and still living in China.

Again, please don't worry about it that much and good luck.

Guest pushbrk
OK, Elf has flown ahead to Shenzhen to visit her sister and will head to Guangzhou tomorrow for her medical (4 days before interview). I am stuck here in Guizhou working and preparing papers for the interview. I will fly out on monday to meet her. The interview is Wednesday the 26th at 7:15 am.  I saw a post here on CFL about a hotel/apartment rented out to interviewee's where the owners will help you with the interview process. I think we'll stay there.

208862[/snapback]

While it is probably possible to get notarizations the same day as your wife's interview, the USC cannot go upstairs until 9:AM. If possible, I would get the notarization done the day before the interview so your wife has it with her the whole time.

Thanks for that post David. I didnt realize they were so big on proof of future domicile. I just called my folks and they're faxing over some supporting stuff - bank statements & investment information with my address on it. My Dad is also writing a letter explaining i WILL live with them back in Virginia, he's signing and faxing it today. Hope thats enough.

As for future employment, I havent been hired - I have to go back first to take a test and have an interview. Do you think a copy of my application and a letter from the Superintendent (Im applying for a teaching position) would be adequate?

I think docimile is the really the biggest hurdle for most DCFers.. public charge issue is usually taken care via joint sponsorship..

As Jocelyn points out.. although they were prepared for any job related questions, none were really asked. If a VO asks job related questions, my gut says it is more to see what the beneficiary understands than to see if the USC is doing anything... cuz the joint sponsors already satisfy the public charge issue...

But, I would think it's still best to bring something... the application, Super's letter (and maybe your resume if that can establish previous work in this field, which bolsters the chances that you will get a job)...

As mamabear said, the blue/pink slip is just a request for more info.. don't think of it as a denial.. It's usually easy to overcome any request, but bring what you can to the interview...

Alec,

Our interview is the 25th and almost every hotel and apartment place is full. In the GUZ info section their are two apartment topics. The one with Angela and Mr. Xie is already full. The other one still had a room, but we also called hotels. They were all full and VERY expensive. Their some kind of fair or something going on in Guangzhou during this time and prices are going to be very high! You had better call as soon as possible and make a reservation.

Also, she will go in for the interview. They will check her medical packet, check her fingerprints, and a few other things. At some point she will be directed to a window to pay the interview fee. Then, she will have her interview. Good luck!