I-130 and G-325 forms

These questions are for a friend.. so don't get any funny ideas about the conflict between my timeline (K1) and these questions (K3)...

I-130 form:

1) Asks for Alien Registration number. Seems this should be only for alien in the US is given this number.. should be "NONE" for SO in china (chinese lady)?

2) Question 13,14,16 says "Relative". Is this the married SO in China?

3) Question 16: Ask if "Relative has ever been under immigration proceedings". My friend was once under a K1 process. The man pulled out during the proceeding, so the application was never finished. It got as far as the P3 sent ... but the items were never returned to GZ.. no contact was made back to anybody. How should she answer this question ?

G-325 form:

1) Asks for file number... starting with a "A"... I assume this is "NONE" ??

2) Last question has boxes for "This form is submitted in connect with"... I assume that the "OTHER" is check, and "I-130" is put next to the box.

3) WHen the I-130 is approved, the I-129 is then sent. Does the G-325 get sent in again with the last box now with "I-129F" next to the box?

4) There are four pages, and the page says "submit all four". I thought that only one for the man and one for the woman? (no children involved)

1) Asks for Alien Registration number. Seems this should be only for alien in the US is given this number.. should be "NONE" for SO in china (chinese lady)?

Right

2) Question 13,14,16 says "Relative". Is this the married SO in China?

What is that question? I forgot?

3) Question 16: Ask if "Relative has ever been under immigration proceedings". My friend was once under a K1 process. The man pulled out during the proceeding, so the application was never finished. It got as far as the P3 sent ... but the items were never returned to GZ.. no contact was made back to anybody. How should she answer this question ?

Depends if 2 is referring to the Chinese spouse...

G-325 form:

1) Asks for file number... starting with a "A"... I assume this is "NONE" ??

Yes

2) Last question has boxes for "This form is submitted in connect with"... I assume that the "OTHER" is check, and "I-130" is put next to the box.

Yes

3) WHen the I-130 is approved, the I-129 is then sent. Does the G-325 get sent in again with the last box now with "I-129F" next to the box?

Dunno about I-129s...

4) There are four pages, and the page says "submit all four". I thought that only one for the man and one for the woman? (no children involved)

It must be completed and signed four times for EACH of them. Can be done on computer and just signed four times though.

That's as much as I (think I) know....

David:

Below is what we did:

I-130

1. Alien Registration Number: NONE

2. Relative: Chinese Spouse

Assuming Chinese citizen has never been to the USA then:

Q13: Check the No box

Q14: N/A

Q16: Check the No box

3. Q16: Prior proceedings: Cannot answer this question, but assume this would be yes, if the Chinese citizen has been under USCIS process for K-1 ??? Call USCIS toll-free number to receive clarification

G-325A

1. Alien Registration Number or "A" number: NONE

2. Last Question Boxes: Check the Other/Specifiy box, and type either I-130 or I-130 (K-3), your choice

3. I-129F: Good question, we did not go this route, CR-1 only for us

4. Four pages: Both the US Citizen and the Chinese Citizen must submit four pages each. Basically one form with four identical pages escept for page copies at the bottom of the form (which govt agency keeps which copy

One other item, this is not mandatory, but we did this on the advice from VisaJourney.com members (some petitioners with spouses/fiancess from Asian countries were receiving a RFE for this document). We supplied a copy of my wife's "Notary Certificate of Birth".

Again, your choice, but if your friend has this document already (and she will need it for the interview), than why not include a copy with the I-130 filing. I am sure others did not include a copy of this document and were succesfull.

Mark

As far as the 129F is concerned ...you should write:

K3 129F Fiancee Visa....................

I130 #13 asks if you relative has ever been to the US? This is your SO.

I130 #14 asks if you replative is currently in US....if she is then she would have an Alien Registration number (A#). This is your SO.

I130 #16 asks has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings? This also is about your SO.

And finally, YES the G325A gets sent again...all 4 pages! With K3 129F written in the Other space.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I revive this thread to ask question

ok filling out forms one set incase we are officially married, the other set incase we not.

on the I-130 on C information about relative

her marry name ( mine) or maiden name here?

1) name (family name in caps)

Robert

Unless her name has legally changed when you file the petition, use her maiden name. Just being married does not mean her name has changed in the eyes of the gov't.

Thanks on the name, I think her name will chance legally in Viet nam to mine,(not in mood to argue the point of this. the law in Viet nam that the woman become the husband family) when we fill out the paperwork for marriage, she will have to get a new ID card so I figure we be using my last name in the 1) spot,

with all the schooling and filling out forms I'm feel surreal today

thanks for the info

scared to try the CR-1 route after hearing too many of you being apart for a long time.

Robert