Turning a blue slip into a visa

It appears now that my SO will have her new passport and other docs by the last week in April. I have a question about the procedure for overcoming a denial. I know that she will have to turn in the blue slip and her new marriage eligibility doc on a Mon-Thur between 9 and 10. Does she give them her passport then also? Do they then, if everything is ok, issue the visa the next day? Or do they issue a white slip the next day and then need another day to issue a visa? I am just trying to plan ahead on when she should FINALLY be here and in my arms... :greenblob: :redblob:

Am I anxious? Is the pope a catholic? scratch that one...sorry catholic brethren

Unless things have changed in the last year, she will need to submit the overcome evidence in the morning and come back the next afternoon for the results. This is when she needs to bring her passport and all the material she took to the original interview and be prepared for another.

Unless things have changed in the last year, she will need to submit the overcome evidence in the morning and come back the next afternoon for the results. This is when she needs to bring her passport and all the material she took to the original interview and be prepared for another.

Whew that's not the best news Carl. We thought she was done with the interview. Never is easy is it... :greenblob: Thanks for the info though

I emailed my attorney about this, her reply...

"It is unlikely that Lu Li will need to go through another full scale interview. It DEPENDS ON THE DISCRETION of the individual interviewer."

In other words no one can really say what the procedure is because there is none. Everyone just does whatever they feel like that day and the consequences for people's lives be damned... :D :angry: :angry:

Oh wondeful another this might happen or that might happen.  Now I am depressed! :wacko:

I'm sorry for adding to your pain. In a very large sense we are all in this together. I get upset, angry, elated, depressed, euphoric and catatonic on CFL every day myself... :blink: :angry: :) :( :D :huh: ;) :(

But I still do believe that if we keep hanging in there long enough we will eventually win. We will bring our SOs here and even if they are all spies I really don't give a damn... :angry: :lol: :wub: :wub:

I emailed my attorney about this, her reply...

"It is unlikely that Lu Li will need to go through another full scale interview. It DEPENDS ON THE DISCRETION of the individual interviewer."

In other words no one can really say what the procedure is because there is none. Everyone just does whatever they feel like that day and the consequences for people's lives be damned... :huh:  :angry:  :angry:

I can only tell you from our own experience. When Bing and I submitted our overcome evidence we came back the next day for the results. I insisted we bring all of our evidence for the 1st interview. Good thing I did because she had a different VO review the case and interview her again. This time a much nicer one. I would strongly recomend that you take everything you took to the first interview with you when you go for the results.

Oh wondeful another this might happen or that might happen.  Now I am depressed!   :wacko:

I'm sorry for adding to your pain. In a very large sense we are all in this together. I get upset, angry, elated, depressed, euphoric and catatonic on CFL every day myself... :blink: :angry: :) :( :huh: :huh: ;) :(

But I still do believe that if we keep hanging in there long enough we will eventually win. We will bring our SOs here and even if they are all spies I really don't give a damn... :angry: :lol: :wub: :wub:

So close, you can see the finish line. It will be all over and just starting too.

Congratulations ahead of time.

The current overcome procedure at GUZ is:

1. submit the overcome documents, photos, video tapes or whatever in the morning, Mon to Thur, 9-10 WITH the SOs passport and if children, their passports; they will give you a small white slip to tell you to come back the following day for the results;

2. the day following the submittal of the overcome evidence at 2:00 pm the overcome results are handed out;

a. if you are refused, you will get a blue sheet and maybe other colored sheets and at least the passports back and maybe other stuff,

b. if passed, you get another small white slip telling you to come pick up the visa the next day (the second day after you submitted the overcome evidence);

3. Generally there is no second interview. However, saying that, I had had several cases recently where the beneficiary was asked back for an interview.

This is the general procedure, but things can happen that change that routine, such as a request for another interview or a request for more evidence even after your SO received the notice to pick up the visa.

The current overcome procedure at GUZ is:

1. submit the overcome documents, photos, video tapes or whatever    in  the morning, Mon to Thur, 9-10 WITH the SOs passport and if children, their passports; they will give you a small white slip to tell you to come back the following day for the results;

2. the day following the submittal of the overcome evidence at 2:00 pm the overcome results are handed out;

a. if you are refused, you will get a blue sheet and maybe other colored sheets and at least the passports back and maybe other stuff,

b. if passed, you get another small white slip telling you to come pick up the visa the next day (the second day after you submitted the overcome evidence);

3. Generally there is no second interview. However, saying that, I had had several cases recently where the beneficiary was asked back for an interview.

This is the general procedure, but things can happen that change that routine, such as a request for another interview or a request for more evidence even after your SO received the notice to pick up the visa.

Thanks so much for this great info. You certainly know a lot more about what is going on than my attorney.

You da Man... :blink:

I just did a story about cancer. Hey, everybody, DON'T GET TOO STRESSED OUT NO MATTER WHAT! Why? Because 67 percent of cancer patients have been under long time pressure or depression, and then diagnosed with cancer! So, we have to relax and wait for things to happen sl---oooowly... Good luck for everybody