My appreciation

First, thanks to everyone who has left a message for me a while ago. I just feel so Xingfu to have so many people who care and are experiencing the same with us! It's a stream of warmth in a cold city like Beijing. hmm..

What's P3? And can anyone tell me about the interviews in GZ? What did the interviewer ask in your case? And what about the health check thing? Do we have to take it down in GZ or we should take it before we go there and bring the result to the interview?

Lots of appreciation and good luck to all!

:(

(oh, by the way, why they call people new to this website "newbie"? Sounds like a bad Chinese word! ) :o

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joray,

Welcome home B) First, don't worrie about the newbie thing, once you have 10 posts, that will go away. :excl: I can't answer all of your questions, but others will be along shortly. P3 is the information and forms sent by Guangzhou to the benificiary in China. Have you filed the I-129 form for a K1 visa? If so, P3 comes after your case has been approved by the USCIS service center as well as the National Visa Center. Some of the forms are to be filled out and sent back ASAP while others will be instructions on documents to be collected for the remaining steps. The P4 will be the invitation to go to the consulat for interview along with further instructions for documents that will be needed. :excl: That is where I am currently waiting. :excl: The health check thing does not need to be in GZ but I am not sure how many different places you can go. A list will be provided and I'm sure others can give better details on that. If you are married, this will not be exactly the same and requirements will be a bit different.

Best I can say is try to be patient and come back as often as you can and ask away. :) We are all with you. Best of luck to you. B)

Thanks, Jim. Where and when did you financee get the health check? Did she take it before getting the P3 or after? And how long did it take to get the result from the hospital? We are engaged but not married yet, so probably we are in similar situation here. I'm from Liaoning too. :excl:

Shortly after you send the I-129f to the Service Center they will send you an I-797 Notice of Receipt. Once they approve it, then you will be sent a second I-797 Notice of Approval. You'll need the I-797 Notice of Approval later, so keep it safe.

Once cleared from the Service Center it's sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). Once it clears NVC they issue you a GUZ number, and forward the petition to GUZ. Once GUZ receives it, then they will send your SO the P-3.P-3 That link should take you to the post that contains the P-3 contents.

Your SO will need to fill out some forms and send them back to GUZ. You will need to help her as well. Most people look at the forms and get the info ready for when the P-3 gets to their SO.

The P-4 comes later with the interview letter. There will be a list of places your SO can go to have the health exam, it doesn't have to be in GUZ. It was convenient for us, because I was planning on being there anyway. Others have gone to other health centers. They will take chest xrays, do blood tests, an ekg, eye exam, they gave Helen an ultra sound, eye exam, height, weight, hearing exam.

Helen went to her interview with two bags full of relationship evidence. Book of post letters, cards, and parcel declarations. Book of emails. Book of phone cards. Photo album. Book containing copies of the evidence she submitted with the P-3, and some other items. During her interview the Visa Officer only asked to see the I-134 Support Document. He only really looked at the notary, then gave it back to Helen.

The VO asked Helen:

1. How long have you known each other?

2. How did you meet?

3. How many times did you visit each other?

4. Do you have pictures? (He randomly searched her photo album and pointed to a few pictures and asked who the people were and where the pictures were taken.)

5. He asked to see my Affidavit of Support. (He flipped throught pages, not really looking at anything, until he got to the Notary page. He looked at the notary and gave it back to her.)

6. He gave her the white slip and told her to come back the next day.

This site is a wonderful place for information. A lot of people willing to help when needed.

Good luck.

joray,

Yunhe has not had her physical yet due to not having the p4. We should be recieving it soon,I hope. :blink: Many people here have talked about ariving in GZ early and having it done just before the interview. I have heard it takes a couple of days for results, but like so many other things, you can pay extra to get results the same day.

Trust me, as soon as we recieve the p4, I'll be all over this sit talking about it, if you can't here me shouting from the mountain tops here in CA. :lol:

Thanks for everyone here.

First, I found out most of the people here are American males. So, it's totally reasonable to take me as one of you and tell me to help 'her'! :huh: But I'm her and probably I'm also the so-called SO. (What's SO, by the way? :unsure: )

Hm, is there anything you guys think i can do to help instead of just being here waiting for my man to take care of eveything?

:o And the weblink is not working, noo-sth. it's all code looking weirde.

Welcome to CFL joray you will like it here very much. My SO Meixiang is in Guangzhou now. She had the physical there and also got the passport photos needed and paid the interview fees in Gaungzhou. Meixiang will go back to the hospital on the 13th to pick up the physical results. They will put all of her forms, documents and physical results in a sealed envelope to take to the interview on the 14th. I have learn from this site that the interview takes all day as they take finger prints and the envelope in the morning then have everyone return at 1:00PM for the interview. If the inteview goes well then Meixiang will get her visas the next day on the 15th. It has been 18 months since my first application and if it had not been for CFL I would still be waiting. CFL provied me with information that allowed me to overcome another delay to our case. CFL has also provided support and kept me from going crazy.

Boba and Meixiang :unsure:

joray

www.state.gov

You can go to the INS website and find the forms/instructions you need. Most everything you need to know is explained there.

In my case the p3 is the DS 230 that I should be getting from NVC. I can download the DS 230 but NVC will not accept it until p3 is received by petitioner.