improving the visa process

I have been thinking about this for quite awhile. The visa process is quite broken. 3 months or more to get an application approved through the service center (like CSC). A month to get the papers to the NVC. For us CR1's we wait for the AOS bill, send the bill and then wait for the I864. Then wait for the IV bill. Can't use the forms on the website. Then mail the forms back and wait again. Then they send you the 230 pt 1 but only use the one they send (i think it has an invisible ink mark on it so they know). We then send the form to our wife, she fills it out and then returns it to NVC. Then we wait for case completed and they send to GUZ. Now we wait for clearance and entering into the computer. Okay so now 7 months have gone by and we still have to wait for the P4 for some months again. We need to improve this process also!!!!

My thoughts on this:

1. Let the petioner use the on line forms so they can be filled out ahead of time and be ready to send.

2. Let the petioner pay all of the fees at one time and do it online. What is with the 25 business days to wait for the AOS fee is paid?

3. Get an 800 number and on line case status for the NVC and keep it current. Provide the petioner with tracking data.

4. Make some of the forms available to fill out on line.

5. GUZ should post on line the interview dates for the month by case number (the US embassy in India does this)

6. Start processing IV's at all of the consulates

7. Allow the USC to be present during the interviews

Okay lets get some other good ideas and suggestions, then put them together and send it to whoever we can.

Mark

I don't understand in the computer age why they can't have the files online once entered into USCIS computers and the file would be passed on to the NVC and then onto the Consulate. It seems that 30-60 days are wasted waiting for the files to be moved from NVC to the Consulate in GZ...

I know they could use more help... but I guess it is difficult to fill a position when you must be fluent in Chinese and english, speaking and writing.

I thought everything for the CR-1, the I-130, DS230 Pt 1 and 2, were on-line fillable forms. Download the PDF and fill out then print. The i-864 isn't on line fillable, but you can find one from the US consualte in Britain's web site that is. It's a home made one the consulate itself put up, doesn't work very good. But shows some initiative on the part of someone at the consulate. Even has some explainations on what to put where.

Would like to see at least clearer more consice instructions, or mabye "visa process for dummys and worry warts"

Maybe all under one roof or organization? Like from what I understand, and I'm not all that clear and I've even been through it, First things go to DHS, then to another branch of government, the Department of State for the visa, and then there's two branches there, the immigrant and non-immigrant visa. But wait, there's more!!!! There's USCIS, so the SO has to get permisiion from DHS, to get a visa to come to US from the state department, so she can eventualy become a citizen, which is administered by USCIS..a THIRD, or maybe FOURTH entity involved in it all. HUH??? Then it all comes down to the decision of a overloaded GS 7 in GUZ to make the final decision based on not a lot of information really.

It was screwy enough for us doing this DCF, where everything stayed in the same building in the case of IR/CR visa, I can't imagine the peril of doing this from stateside with a K-visa no less.

No wonder it costs so much in fees. Lot of gov't mouths to feed.

Bob

Frank maybe it is time to start demonstrating in the streets. We can call ourselves "Lovers without Borders". We'll bring back the old slogan "Make Love Not War". After all, without borders what do we need to defend? Think of how this would lower the need for taxes. I think we can get cross issue support for this.

I thought everything for the CR-1, the I-130,  DS230 Pt 1 and 2,  were on-line fillable forms.  Download the PDF and fill out then print.  The i-864 isn't on line fillable, but  you can find one from the US consualte in Britain's web site that is.  It's a home made one the consulate itself put up, doesn't work very good. But shows some initiative on the part of someone at the consulate.  Even has some explainations on what to put where.

I had a guy from VisaJourney.com send me a fillable I-864, but when I called the NVC they said they prefer we use the one they send us, because they are not sure if the on-line one is up dated. They also said that the one they send us has the bar code (where??? :D ) and there are other identification marks on it (huh????? :huh: ) that they need.

I thought everything for the CR-1, the I-130,  DS230 Pt 1 and 2,  were on-line fillable forms.  Download the PDF and fill out then print.  The i-864 isn't on line fillable, but  you can find one from the US consualte in Britain's web site that is.  It's a home made one the consulate itself put up, doesn't work very good.   But shows some initiative on the part of someone at the consulate.  Even has some explainations on what to put where.

I had a guy from VisaJourney.com send me a fillable I-864, but when I called the NVC they said they prefer we use the one they send us, because they are not sure if the on-line one is up dated. They also said that the one they send us has the bar code (where??? <_< ) and there are other identification marks on it (huh????? :huh: ) that they need.

Carl

You will get a seperate page with a big bar code on it also. We ran into thesame or simalir problem. Waiting on a fee bill to clear which never did and than waiting for a new check to clear, while we have that darn form but no bar code to send in wioth it.. check our time line for that little hiccup.. :(

One idea, which I think Donasho may have mentioned is that of the many agencies... not sure how many that do the security check most do it in 30 days and than state if they (INS, NVC, CBS<PBS< FUC or what ever they are calling themselves today!!) Don't recieve a reply within 30 days that means the application is ok and to proceed. Seems some say it is the FBI which does not follow this procedure and is the worst and slowest.

This is all hearsay and may or may not be the case in that it is the FBI who drags their feet. The point being.. the idea of a cut off date to complete these checks may help.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth