Good Luck to Bob and Nicole.

I think from the way things are working now, that they arrive in the morning for the biometrics and look at the receipt for the visa. Then they come back in the afternoon for the interview. This is what my SO told me happened in her group.

I think a "yellow cow" must be some mama-san that thinks she owns the turf where everyone waits.

Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back home finally, white slip in hand Yahoooooo...

Interview not particularly a big deal. VO was a young women, actually from my wife's description one of the three people I saw coming back from lunch at Lucy's.

VO asked wife for her passport in Chinese, wife replied in English if she needed my passport, from then on the interview was in English.

VO's main concern was the domicile issue and asked if I had property or investment in U.S. Wife produced some bank statments from US bank account, told her I had property in Arizona, that seemed to suffice. VO asked if we were going to US right away, wife replied to visit, but not move there for a few years yet. VO mentioned that since this is a residence visa, wife needs to spend a minimum amount of time in US, otherwise have to re-do the whole process. No specification of minimum time, I think it's at least one week every year from what one of the VO's told a co-worker (play on softball team together)

VO looked at the photos after they were offered, didn't look at the e-mails. Wife was one of the last one's out of the interview time.

As far as the yellow cow, she was a stocky thing for a Chinese, with a butch haircut. Reminded me of someone you would see in a women's prison movie who ran the cellblock. In this case, her territory is who can she get money from to put ahead of everyone in line. Justice was served though, the ones she was putting ahead in line all got blue slipped....

As far as blue/white slips, seemed no pattern to it, Some with very little documentation got white or blue, one lady had a folding luggage cart full of documentation and still got a blue slip. Age, etc didnt' seem to make much difference. Nicole said it seemed very little of the applicants could speak english.

So tomorrow to pick up the visa itself, then to US in april/may for a while. Back home now, all wrung out mentally. Time for a good nap...

Later.

Bob

Ah yes Jenny, but you have your parents as a co-sponsor, which I didn't have..the main thing is to prove ties to U.S. such as tax returns, bank statements from a U.S. bank mailed to a U.S. address, a 401K, driver's licence.

I just luckily included the US bank account statements (which doesn't have a lot of money in it) and that's what Nicole used. I also had plane ticket copies of trips From China to U.S. if need be, but VO didn't need those.

You should be ok, with your parent's co-sponsorship. They mostly want to know that you have somepace to go TO I think

Bob

Actually, there is a bit in the USCIS law that says if you meet certain conditons you don't have to meet the physical presence in the U.S. for time in country for citizenship. Since I work for an American company headquartered in U.S. and am on temproary assignment in China it meets the requirments. That doesn't release me from having to have some sort of domicile in U.S. True, a double wide on rented ground on an indian reservation in the Mohave dessert may not be much, but it's a domicile none the less.

We'll head back eventually, and if the air gets any more polluted here maybe sooner than later. Sure do miss the blue skies.

Bob