Now I am ticked.

Today I got another letter in the mail from my SO. I have probably exchanged written letters with people in general for over 30 years and can say I have never had one rudely ripped opened and read by the Department of Homeland Security, then slovenly put back together and held for a month with not even a short note to say sorry for the delay for nothing. All that for a single sided sheet of hand written paper? This is a joke right?

I am also ticked off at the way the phone card companies rip us off. Every card I use promises x amount of minutes, both on paper and on the phone for each call to China. But after every call I am short changed by at least half the time. I always call to correct this, but it always happens no matter which card I use, and it takes a lot more time to do as well. I say don't falsely advertise the minutes, I am willing to accept whatever minutes, just don't bait and switch. After all this is over, I will be doing my own letter complaint campaign against this practice with the PUC.

Finally, I won a free 1 liter of Dr Pepper on the bottle cap, but the store won't redeem it. That's the final straw.

Guest DragonFlower

On the phone stuff,I have been using onesuite for about a 4 months now.

Excellent records,2.2 cents a minute calling a local access,instant recharge and I look at the records,which follow my actual usage very closely.

And ,yea ,I been screwed for a few bottles of pop myself.

long

Well,

WHO CARES ABOUT GROSS INVASION OF PRIVACY ~?! When I first started snail mail to China in the 1990's it was the PRC Government that opened the letters !!!

My, how times have changed !! (What with ALL the Chinese terrorists .... :blink: )

BUT!!! I agree, the big issue here: WHERE THE HELL IS THE FREE DR. PEPPER !!!!!

"Free Dr. Pepper!!" I like it! (reminds me of my protest days in the 60's...)...

..... if you can free Huey Newton, why not Dr. Pepper?

Never had mail opened.

I use New York Red cards after trying dozens of others, going to Chinatown to buy, etc. Some of the others had scams like you refer to. The RED card is bought in different cities (Miami RED, NY RED, etc) and gives me about 6hours for 10 dollars.

Actually the internet with webcam is essentially free and the visuals can't be matched..........

How do you know it was homeland security? There is no way that a communist country would open the letter? How about maybe it just got caught in one of the machines that read address and then got ripped? Before you blame Bush, Ashcroft and Homeland Security,.. maybe there were other reasons..

Unless of course you got a letter from the homeland security violate your rights to freedom agency, maybe you should consider it was other means. ....

Or is it just Bush's fault?

:D

When did they arrest Dr. Pepper????????? Where are they holding him????? Was it our government or theirs??????

Where do I send my donation to secure his release by funding a write in campaign?

Actually breaking him out might be cheaper. Let me know, we must gain freedom for political prisoners. Are you sure he isn't a terrorist or a tool of bioterrorism?

What communist country? Last time I was in China the only communist I saw was a stone statue of some guy whose likeness was similar to the guy on the MONEY.

How do I know I know it was the Ministry of Truth..,,,um, I mean DHS? The green reseal tape instead of red. Red is what my SO would get, if anyone even bothered anymore.

Count me in on the skull session to free Dr. Pepper. Down with non-redeemers!