Make your VO happy...

My strategy is to give them 2 or 3 nice, easy to find errors that are not serious. Then they don't have to spend all day digging for any real problems. I'm happy, they're happy, their boss is happy. We have all justified our government jobs.

You just have to understand how government works.  :blink:

Yeah, but why play with fire? You might think your giving them a small thing to find.. then you get the dreaded pink slip because you gambled and lost...

I think its best to do the utmost to give all pertinent and timely stuff, and stay on your knees while awaiting the results...

Just my uninformed, unprofessional, unsolicited opinion..

:blink:

I sure am glad my humble post generated such a long thread and allowed so many to reach important number of posts milestones. I of course was not serious to start with, or was I...hmmmm...anyway this beats beating your head against the wall waiting...waiting...waiting

The quota therory is an interesting idea, but after looking at how many visas they process I think they will find their quota in other types of visas. Blue slips mean more work on their part. If they are like any other government entity, why create more work for yourself when you already have enough?

I think they look more at after then present. They must be willing to back up their decision. Once the applicant is in American, then they are monitored for any problems. The goal is to have zero theroists and zero visa fraud cases enter the US. The embassy will have questions to answer as to why they let a case through.

Make sure all of your paperwork is complete and accurate. You will not have any problems. Why invite trouble where trouble does not exist?

I am positve there is more fraud involved in the other visa types (work, student, etc) than in the K or CR visas that we are interested in. So the question is - Why does it take longer to process our visas than those types ? You would think that as USC we would get a little better service out of OUR government.