• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's one of those "international holidays" we don't have in the U.S.

It's funny though, in China "San-Ba" (3-8) has taken on a new connotation. Telling someone he/she or something is "san-ba" is saying that it's too feminine, and it may mean they like to shop too much, etc. (think of offensive stereotypes about women).

I have an Australian friend in China whose Birthday is March 8. He had no idea when he first got there what they were talking about, and he never hears the end of it from women. ("Ha ha ... you are san-ba.")

We went for lunch and a doc's appointment. Less people at lunch and a great day weather wise.

I too wondered why no such thing in the states, kind of a great idea. Just read in the local english paper Main Land China wants to have more holidays to commerate the traditional holidays. It seems HK does but not the main land. So the people can look forwarsd to more than just the two 1 week big holidays they have now.

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

It is Women's Day, 3/8/05. Traditionally, women are allowed to stay home and rest while the men go to work.  And younger women are given gifts. :blink:

Sorry, but it is true.

That's been every day of my adult life!.............

Maybe there should be a "poor old working man day in and day out at the grind until he retires or drops dead" day.............................. :lol:

Trigg!

I sure am glad your back on CFL no one else gets as much replies! I check the site daily and if the creator is Trigg its already got two pages on it the first few hours! HAHAHA Luckily Nicola was shopping to prepare for our trip back to China and I'm off the hook! I saw international women's day and thought it was one of those holiday's like "Napolian day" where no one has any clue or intent to celebrate.

Well Sam, I get a lot of response because everyone figures I need the most help. Unfortunaley, this time It didn't work. Someone mentioned the word San Ba. I modified it a bit and got mop slapped when I called the wife San Ba Po. Or just Ba Po. I won't do that again.

Yet another linguistic lesson leanrned the hard way by Trigg.

Hmmmm, wonder if my wifey would like a new fishin' pole????

With or without the pullring pin?

Shhhhhhhh! Carl, all these new guys don't know 'bout my fishin' techniques. don't tell 'em or everyone will be practicing catch and no release. Then the price of handgrenades will go up higher than gasoline after a republican innaugaration.