I happy for you! Now where's my rainbow?

Do they not do background checks on k1s? It seems to me like k1s and K3s are getting a much better time?

I'm so happy for everyone that has gotten their interview thus far, don't get me wrong.

But I am curious as to why CR1s take so much longer (once at GUZ) than K1s and K3s.. :P

My CR1 background check took one month. So it seems yours took longer for some reason. Doesn't necessarily follow that your interview will be much later, but try to relax a bit since there's nothing to do but wait. I know, easy to say now we got our interview, but still... it WILL come before too long!

I paniked when I saw an articl recently about the death of the Chinese leader who was sypathetic to the pro democracy movement in China in 91. His family name was the same as Jennifer's, Zhao. I was afraid of a potential hit on that name. B) Fortunatly, we seem to be past that but I won't feel completely safe until I see that she has that p4 in her hand.

Well, as you can see from my timeline "P3" means so many different things.

And at this point I am not sure which date refers to "P3", so I just added more information about my P3.

According to the DHL tracking system it was rec. at GUZ on 12/1

But it was electronically in the database a whole month earlier. (It took a month to physically arrive)

When you say "p3 date" don't you mean the date that the NVC rec. it?

Remember I am a CR1, and I think the process is a bit different for us, but let me know if you have any questions. :greenblob:

HTH

Check out this link from visajourney.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=compare

Many of us CR-1's have gone down all paths K1, K3 and CR-1. CR-1 takes about the same amout of time as K1, the only real advantages are...

• can work upon entry (no restrictions)

• This is an "immigrant" Visa and will as such allow the applicant to arrive in the US as a permanent resident.

• They will not require an Advanced Parole document to leave the US for travel or require an EAD to work.

For my I-129F : Lost in Chicago. Died before it got started.

For my CR-1 : I am mailing my DS-230 out today. The I-864 was mailed out weeks ago. The dates I am seeing from P3 to Interview are 5 to 6 months. Technically, there is no P3 for CR1. The I-864 and DS-230 are sperate packages and indepentant of one another.

For my I-130 : I have a priority date of early Aug. 04'.

If you are a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident and plan to file a petition (I-130) for a qualifying relative, you are encouraged to file as soon as you are eligible in order to establish your relatives place in line even if the petition may not be decided for some time to come. Upon filing, USCIS will send you a receipt that will establish a place in line for a visa called a “priority date”. USCIS will adjudicate your Form I-130 prior to visa availability (or within six months if a visa is immediately available upon filing).

Thanks Mengxin-

I guess there is a different procedure for CR1 than the rest. I send the DS-230 back in November. So I guess the interview is 6 months from that date?

Also I spoke with a really nice VO yesterday from DOS and she said at GUZ it is about 3 months after background check is completed for interview date.

Thanks Mengxin-

I guess there is a different procedure for CR1 than the rest. I send the DS-230 back in November. So I guess the interview is 6 months from that date?

Also I spoke with a really nice VO yesterday from DOS and she said at GUZ it is about 3 months after background check is completed for interview date.

Yes, Judging from the timelines, that's what I figure too. :(

jgrier5,

Thanks for the information. There are not enough K3 time lines to really be strong on the data, although it seems to follow the same trend. All the data I use is pinpointed to when GZ enters the P3 into the computer after the P3 forms have been filled out and sent in by the beneficiary.

I am not fully understanding the K3 process but it does not look like fun.

When I order a really cool toy via mail order, and the box arrives with everything but the really cool toy, the paper inside says its on backorder. I call and call, and the answer is the same but it never arrives. Then suddenly I am surprised, there is my really cool toy. I am hoping this Monday for you. That would be 96 days from 12/01/04.