This Is An Outrage

According to the GUZ website, there will be new surcharges for immigrant visas.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho....html#surcharge

Notice on Immigration Visa Surcharge

"Beginning March 8, 2005, IV applicants who have paid the current $335 IV application fee via National Visa Center, but not the new surcharge, must pay it (RMB 373.5 or $45) at post. IV applicants who haven't paid any application fee should pay a total amount of RMB 3,154 or $380, on the day of the interview."

So what are they going to do with this money? Are they going to use it to improve services? Nope, no mention of that!!!

No, they are going to pour salt in our wounds. Make things hurt even more. Meanwhile Maura Harty, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs, gave a lecture in Beijing about improving services for student and business visas. Is that were our money is going?

I'm so PISSED!!!! They are so good at treating us and our fiances like crap. But they are quick to raise fees and surcharges. Screw GUZ!

We should mention this new outrage in our emails to Mrs. Maura Harty.

hartyma@state.gov

If I'm reading this right, this only affects CR-1 applicants because that involves a genuine immigrant visa.

K1 and K2 visas are non-immigrant visas, thus I don't think this new "immigrant visa surcharge" applies to K1/K3. Yes, I know K1/K3 visas are handled by the Immigrant Visa unit of GZ, but officially speaking, K1s and K3s are non-immigrant visas. Says so here.

Plus, when Juxin got her K1 visa, we never had to pay $335. Just prior to getting the visa, we had to pay the ol' 830RMB ($100) fee, and that was it, nothing more. Yet another reason I'm glad we went the K1 route.

Guest blsqueaky

Just mailed mine in for the IR-1. Now I wonder if I will get another bill from them, since it is soon, or pay the extra $45 when we go to the next interview. In all honesty, I really do not care about the extra money, just as long as my wife gets her green card, and I am done with this for 10 years

Guest blsqueaky
Personnaly, I'd gladly pay the new King Bush tax on paranoia if they would just do thier job and be done with me and mine~!!!!!!

Hear, Hear, again agree with the one and only Trigg, like I said, I will gladly pay, because once she receives IR-1, I am DONE

Economic Boom in China right right now. People make more $$$, the prices go up. The goverment run business isn't making enough $$$, the prices go up. Would be nice to have some represention, for my taxation.

Over taxation with misrepresentation

Sounds like its time for another revolution.

:lol:

Economic Boom in China right right now. People make more $$$, the prices go up. The goverment run business isn't making enough $$$, the prices go up. Would be nice to have some represention, for my taxation.

Over taxation with misrepresentation

Sounds like its time for another revolution.

:lol:

I'm in-can I play the drum thingy or do I have to limp and play that flute??