• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa/

Is this it Jenny?

Good stuff to be aware of...

This is awsome... You didn't really say this, did you? :P :D :D

She also said how adoptions are a priority. I asked her if they were more important than immediate family, more important than my husband? She said, no they are not.... "but we've got these babies sitting in orphanages". I kind of felt bad actually, but still....

I think a perfect comeback would have been, "I can get a visa for a tsunami baby quicker, no thanks." Or look down at your tummy and say something like "brought my own baby's, thanks anyway."

Ironically, since your having twins, if you were a Chinese national would you need to give the 2nd child up to the orphanage?

And another thing about the visa delay. Maybe nobodys told her about the big economic "Boom" right now. There are plenty of English speaking Chinese. In fact China has the largest population in the world. Funny that she should use China's biggest strengths, ($$$ and People) as an excuse for the visa delay. "Resources???" come on.

Looks like we aren't the only unhappy customers. The article in this link rips her up pretty good too. http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArtic...le.asp?ID=17212

My letter to Maura is in the mail, along with my letters to my Senators, Representative, and the ACLU.

I would be happy to "virtually sign" any letter from CFL (not sure how that is done) maybe just state that CFL has X numbers of members.

I figure the cost and time of a letter a week to various people is not too much for me. each letter will focus on a different aspect of the problems in Guangzhou. I think a single letter outlining them all would be too long, and they would enver believe that things could be so bad.

but since i gota wait 6-9months or a year, whatever the time frame will be, i might as well keep busy and pass the time doing something constructive.

I like the constructive ideas here about re-aligning State employees in Asia to better serve US citizens, and it also does make a lot of sense to me to basicly have seperate units for efficiency --- adoptions, K-1, K-2 etc...

But be careful Candle, members ...

.....yeah, we all have hardships here....

......but NOTHING like the girls in the orphanages----- and everyone in America senses that...

---- and you go to the court of public opinion (or your congressman for that matter... who mostly has his finger on the pulse of public opinion... or to State, which has an ACTUAL understanding of the problems overseas..) And you make a case to butt in front of the orphans, you got a BIG PR problem!!! (particulary if the the press picks up on it)

From what some of you have posted here: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR !!!!!

ALL of the orphans of China coming to America are COMPLETELY sponsored by at least one, and usually two American citzens.

ALL of the orphans of China coming to America WILL BE THE LEGALLY ADOPTED CHILDREN OF SAID AMERICAN CITIZENS EVEN BEFORE THEY SET FOOT IN THE CONSULATE IN GUANGZHOU!

ALL of the orphans of China coming to America WILL BECOME FULLY VESTED AMERICAN CITIZENS THE MINUTE THEY SET FOOT ON US SOIL !!

None of us can make those claims for our SO's, and everyone in America has heard stories about visa fraud...

You want to go up against that, go right ahead, but must people in America are just going to label you all Big Cry Babies.....

Pingme,

Haven't heard from Maura???...

And you sent a copy of your letter to the aclu?? THE ACLU ??????

You expect them to solve your problems over the orphans in China??? :wacko: :wacko:

Pingme, I sure as hell hope you made no mention of the orphans in your letter, because I would hate to see the Candle associated to that kind of thinking in any way....

Pingme,

And you sent a copy of your letter to the aclu??  THE ACLU ??????

You expect them to solve your problems over the orphans in China??? :blink:  :blink:

Pingme, I sure as hell hope you made no mention of the orphans in your letter, because I would hate to see the Candle associated to that kind of thinking in any way....

I agree with you. We don't want to look like we are screaming sour grapes about adoptions, but we need to convience them to consider the our wives, husbands and fiancees as important to us and as the adoptees are important to the parents who adopt them and on an equal par as them.

Pingme,

And you sent a copy of your letter to the aclu??  THE ACLU ??????

You expect them to solve your problems over the orphans in China???   :blink:  :blink:

I agree with oregon, you really can not compare the two different situations. Basically, if you look at things from a public eye, those babies are helpless and needy. On the other hand, alot of the relationships that require K-1/K-3 Visas are internet based reationships. General American public will not look too kindly on people whining about why they can't get their foreign fiancee (who may not speak english) over here ASAP. I think we are really lucky that there is any avenue of immigration for us and our SO's, so we should be very careful how we approach this situation. But, I understand the frustration, why on earth would we need to do a terrorist name check on Chinese people?? Why is the GZ consulate so overloaded?? Why does the customer service line at USCIS have people that are constantly PMS'ing?? It sucks, I paid over 20% of my income to taxes only to recieve this kind of service??

Think of constructive, not destructive ways to make change. It may not be possible, so just be patient for the process, and grateful when you finally get your SO home. Hopefully this arduous task of getting a Visa will help strengthen your relationship. Hopefully..... :unsure:

• 7 months later...