Stepped In It Big Time

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

ShuPing got out about 11:15 with the white slip.

The VO asked a few questions the most difficult was how long I had been apart from my ex when she and I met. ShuPing said "I don't remember", the VO said, "No problem".

Some questions about my son and his pictures.

How long we knew each other before we got married.

She goes back Monday afternoon at 4:00 for the visa. Barring another white slip renig, she should be ready to go.

Now, about that airplane ticket....

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

The VO asked a few questions the most difficult was how long I had been apart from my ex when she and I met.  ShuPing said "I don't remember", the VO said, "No problem".

She goes back Monday afternoon at 4:00 for the visa.  Barring another white slip renig, she should be ready to go.

Republican Congratulations to you and all future right wingers :blush:

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

The VO asked a few questions the most difficult was how long I had been apart from my ex when she and I met.  ShuPing said "I don't remember", the VO said, "No problem".

She goes back Monday afternoon at 4:00 for the visa.  Barring another white slip renig, she should be ready to go.

CONGRATULATIONS

:blush: :angry: :wub: :angry:

Its all down hill from here!!

Lucy's huh? Is that just a bar or do they serve food there? Is there a restaurant next to it, if they don't serve food?

This get together planning is tough when you don't know where anything is. We aren't staying on the island, so I have very little knowledge of what's there.

Update on the ticket thing... I talked to United and they will sell us a one way ticket for something over $800, same flight, just more money. Not only do I get to pay twice, I get to pay more.

On our way out of the consulate, we were handed a flier from a local travel agent. She can get a flight from here to Denver leaving the day before me and arriving at about the same time. The only problem is she has about 4 lay-overs on the way. It'll cost about $650. Plenty can go wrong, but it looks like the only route left to us.

ShangHai was cheaper, about $500, but when you add in the train fare, taxis etc. to get there, it comes out to about the same as flying out of GZ.

I still want to appeal to United that my wife will fly, but not on their airline, because their competitors can get her there cheaper. They've already screwed me once and if it weren't for the mega milage I've racked up with them, I would probably not fly with them again, just out of principal. (I know, I know, it was my screw up, not really theirs. Still....)

Thank you to all our supporters, namely, everyone on CFL. It feels great to get over this hump. I couldn't have done it without CFL.

Oh, Kim and Hypo, NWA wouldn't do jack for us. I think my Conservative honor is in tact. Thanks anyway.

Another side note. I got a call from Lowell (maxmilagro) tonight. Seems he ate something that made him very sick last night. He's trying to get home ASAP. Let's keep him in our thoughts, prayers, etc. They've had a tough time here and deserve much better.

I'm still working on the place for the Get-Together. I'll let you know tomorrow for sure.

Mark,

Congrats on the White slip..

Sorry to hear about the airplane ticket.

Travel agents aren't that much better. I went looking for a ticket for Pingxiu. Most agents told me, in no way could they sell me a one way ticket for her. They told me there was no way I could buy one here in US. Well, an email to flychina.com and she has her ticket.

Look forward to meeting you on the 7th. I hope it will calm her nerves to meet other ladies. Her interview will be on the 8th.

Cya soon,

Michael