Debachelorification

First I have to say I am enjoying the many posts here on many Chinese SO's reacting the the wonders of American appliances. Working as a service tech for industrial laundry equipment it is more amusing knowing how so much is now manufactured in China in the first place. :o I'm not sure how much my Jennifer will have to adapt, put being only 21, so far she seems receptive to many of the conveniences we have already discussed. In the mean time, I have struggled with the rescue of my apartment from the ravages 4 years as a bachelor pad. :rolleyes: Hence the famose duct taping of the toilet seat I have read so much about. B) As I continue, I have tried to avoid running to Chinatown in SF to buy a lot of things but I also have started a second level of kithen wares. I have recently signed up for classes in basic Chinese cooking and also now own a couple of woks, many chop sticks and other items not ususally seen in an American kitchen. I have also ventured into many of the food markets around my home here in Modesto, ( no I did not know the Petersons nor do I have much of an opinion on that subject), I have found outlets for Chinese liquors such as Luzhou Laojiao Tequ, a rather strong liquor that if you have tried I am sure you will not forget. :huh: As I continue this project, I have also been trying to find out about specific thing Jennifer really likes. One of these is the Chinese Chafing dish. Being here favorite, I want to be able to make here. I have now a good set up to have a wok on the table with a hot plate and am now looking for directions on making. I know much is fresh meats and vegitable to be cooked at the meal, but I need to know about the broth preparation as well as any prepared items that can go into the meal. If you haven't had before, I can say that I fell in love with this meal myself when we were in Kunshan. The place we ate was run by a gentleman who moved from Los Angelese to open this resurant in China. Sertanly a suprise on my part and made for another good story. Does anyone have a good cook book or suggestion where I might find such info?

That's it!!!!! I guess when you plug the Mandarin words into a translator Chafing dish comes out, but Hot Pot seems to be the animal. Now I have a good direction to go with. :D Also on an update, after todays work on laundry pick up and cleaning I can say that the carpet in the bedroom actually does match the rest of the apartment. :huh:

That's it!!!!! I guess when you plug the Mandarin words into a translator Chafing dish comes out, but Hot Pot seems to be the animal. Now I have a good direction to go with. :D  Also on an update, after todays work on laundry pick up and cleaning I can say that the carpet in the bedroom actually does match the rest of the apartment. :lol:

Ahemmmmm, Jim, by matching do you mean it is the same color??? Same smell?? Same amount of pizza crust and stale beer??? The term matching is soooo subjective. No matter, whatever you do, she will change it, distort it, wash it, then replace it. Gheeeeeezzzz, newbies learn sooooooo slow!!!!!!!!

Believe it or not Trigg, I do mean the same color. :D All of the clothes preserved the carpet's freshness. :D Never been one to abuse beer so the place is cluttered and messy but not in need of disinfecting or sanitizing.  :lol:

By abuse beer-do you mean drink to much of it or waste it by spilling it on the carpet??

I personally would never spill a beer. :D Such abuse would be criminal. Fortunatly for the apartment's sake I moved away from friends so parties rarely happened here. I have had Jennifer's cousin here for a birthday party I held for my Sweetheart, and was able to pass most of the place off on quick inspection. :D Full investigations might be another matter. :lol:

ask trigg he mention spilling beer :D

robert

I have heard that the despicable practice of spilling beers occurs when the novice attempts to keep pace with the non-amateur. Hopefully this never happens in real life. I can not imagine the penalties for such aberrant behavior--perhaps the pro-capital punishment people have a valid case in such deplorable instances. :lol: :D