I was reading on another internet site about service centers....so take this with a grain of salt:

There are 4 major service centers handling requests from people in different states. The service centers have varying delays; however, the Vermont Service Center (VSC) has the quickest turnaround. I don't know if being in California and sending it in to VSC has anything to do with it. Some of the veterans can probably help here...I am definitely a newbie at this.

I can offer this, "patience"...not much else seems to help.

Phil & Yun

My case has been at the NVC in New Hampshire since November 15. It is now January 29. Has anyone else had this ridiculous wait?

I am in California and my Fiance is in Guangdong, Zhanjiang

Welcome to CFL Luo Bin & Jialu!

###EDIT: Well after posting this I just caught your byline that you are hung up in background check. There is a recent thread on this subject. I apoligize for my addled jet lagged drain, brian or brain. Left the below info as someone else may benefit. Richard###

First off are you talking about a I-129F (K-1 or 3) OR a I-130 (CR-1) application???

I hear that the "K" visas pass through NVC rather quickly and you have difficulty tracking them.

IF you are talking about a I-130 pull up a comfortable chair, lots of cold drinks and Cheetos Buddy. If you are on a I-130 you've got a rather long process to get through NVC. From the timelines I observe on visajourney.com on the NVC forum most of us with a NOA-2 from Sept. and Oct. are now just coming CLOSE to the end of the process. It took 1 month for me to GET a case file number assigned- this seems to have FINALLY speeded up BUT LATELY JUST RECEIPT of the I-864 and DS230 are taking 4 weeks and MORE AFTER the fee payment has been acknowledged by NVC (which takes supposedly 10-15 days too). My timeline below has a lot of address problems but is not too far off the present processing curve.

*I sent in the I-864 fee DECEMBER 3- I received the I-864 on Jan. 27th.* Last email to NVC regarding my DS-230 fee that was sent on Jan. 4th was "It has not yet been received in the building and matched up to your file" at NVC NH. NVC has had many slow downs lately including holidays and winter storms.

IF YOU ARE an I-130 applicant I would either call them Monday and get an operator (it has taken me 3 days to get through and there are SEPERATE immigrant and non immigrant operators). The best option for me has been emailing them at NVCinquiry.state.gov and include your CSC file number (IF you don't have your NVC GUZ# yet) in the heading, then both the beneficiary and petioners names and DOB in the body and request an update.

Phil just so that you know the Service centers are USCIS and the first step of the process. NVC is a seperate later step conducted only through the National Visa Center Portsmouth NH. You might want to look at visajourney.com specifically the NVC forum.

There are MANY changes and new requirements on how to process the I-864. I will try to post later.

To Donasho/PJ: I think the need for a seperate NVC forum here at CFL should be considered- there are more and more of us CR-1's and the process is getting more complex. Richard

I feel your pain "Chinese wife"

We went the K-1 Fiance Visa route, had the great traditional family "engagement" party, and are planning a wedding if and when she comes to the great state of California.

I call NVC every few days and talk to someone who assures me that nothing has been lost and there is no timetable for when the NVC background check will be complete. This last time I pushed the issue to speak to a supervisor--being very calm and polite as usual--and was told to call back in one week, that they would check. This would correspond with a few others who responded to this--one in particular from November 10, that was processed on Jan 25. This would put me in line this week.

Then of course, would come the delay and back up of mail due to the New Years Celebration in Guangdong...oh well....patience is all we have...and cheetos I guess!!!

Thanks for everyone being here!!

I filed with California Service Center. They are really slow. I got my NOA2 on 8/15 and NVC finished background check on 11/15. It was about 3 months wait for me.

Welcome to CFL KRJCHEN!

CSC is doing rather well now. Last May when I started this journey an I-130 WAS 12-15 months and the I-129F not much faster- I think it slowed down to about it 8-10 months then. (Hence the question mark in my CFL name- "Do I really want to further the relationship and WAIT out this process). Well, here I am the most content I've been in 54 years- how the he!! do I get rid of the "?"?

This past summer my I-130 was approved in JUST ONE MONTH and I saw one application (either 129 or 130) approved in 9 days. They also started getting applications from TSC and NSC and processed these in an acceptable time frame. Now I believe it is standard practice to transfer most all of these cases to CSC. CSC stated to slow down about late fall. Currently after the holidays they seem to be gaining speed again. They're

down to about 2 months on I-130s again (I don't track the I-129F's real close at VJ- my I-129F is STILL in MISERY Service Center but am aware of the trends for 129F's). Your I-129F seems to have spent a little extra time at NVC for it's type BUT then AGAIN those of us with S/O's from China have seen much worse. My I-130 however was sent to NVC at the beginning of Sept. and I am still waiting on the DS-230 and review before I go to GZ. In essence I am fond of saying "What CSC gave me NVC took away" :)

Welcome aboard to CFL Luo Bin & Jialu!

My S.O. is from Zhanjiang also. Seems like we are growing in numbers. Trigg and Frank see what you started. Last one to leave Zhanjiang turn out the lights. :blink:  :o  :o

Ha Ha-yea John, the Zhanjiang connection. Frank started it, I just followed him. I know of a Texas Zhanjiang wife and one in Alaska-damned cold for a ZJ gal. Another in NC and one on the way to Alabama. Of course TN and GA with Frank and I. PA for you and now a CA SO. My wifes ex sister-in-law is in LA. Poor Chinese guys in Zhanjiang are gonna get lonely. I wonder if any one has the cheetos market tied up there yet??