• 1 month later...

My mother in law had just went through a divorce when we applied for her visa and was no problem.

Tine & Ella

In 2007 I tried to get a visitors visa for my g/f (now my lao po)...she went to Guangzhou for her 5 minute interview and was denied. I wrote my Republican US Senator with the whole story and asked him to investigate. He wrote back and assured me of my safety because a 2,000 mile fence is being built on the Mexican border. ZZ :(

My mother in law had just went through a divorce when we applied for her visa and was no problem.

Tine & Ella

In 2007 I tried to get a visitors visa for my g/f (now my lao po)...she went to Guangzhou for her 5 minute interview and was denied. I wrote my Republican US Senator with the whole story and asked him to investigate. He wrote back and assured me of my safety because a 2,000 mile fence is being built on the Mexican border. ZZ :(

Isn't that just typical of a politician!...lol. Thanks for sharing!

My wife was also denied a visitor's visa one time in Shanghai but now her mother is here on a one year visa and immigrations stamped it for a six month stay which seems to be par for the course. It must be easier these days for a Chinese citizen to obtain a visitor's visa than it was in the past, providing they meet the criteria.

It seems that first and foremost the US gov wants to be assured that the visitor will return and not go underground...they told my g/f that visas for business and students were no problem, but for an honest woman, with a career, a car, property, family in China... forget about it!

Edited by Zhou Zhou (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Lings parents are at the consulate they have a 9:30 appointment

it is now 10:50 and they are still in the line to get into the building

is this normal ?

why did I have to pay $ 7.40 for the phone call to

make the appointment if it is first come first serve ?

It seems that first and foremost the US gov wants to be assured that the visitor will return and not go underground...they told my g/f that visas for business and students were no problem, but for an honest woman, with a career, a car, property, family in China... forget about it!

I'm sorry, I don't mean to nitpick, but the word 'seems', here is totally out of place. The US GOV makes first assumption that the tourist is trying to immigrate, and it's up to the tourist to prove that it's not the case. To 'seem', imo, makes assumption that it might be true, but for this one point, it is established fact. No 'seeming' involved.

This info is published on the various US Consulate websites, for Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Shenyang.

If you can't find it - have a read here -

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=383391

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I'm sorry, I don't mean to nitpick, but the word 'seems', here is totally out of place. The US GOV makes first assumption that the tourist is trying to immigrate, and it's up to the tourist to prove that it's not the case. To 'seem', imo, makes assumption that it might be true, but for this one point, it is established fact. No 'seeming' involved.

This info is published on the various US Consulate websites, for Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Shenyang.

Although an honest woman, with a career, a car, property, family in China, but without a pending K or IR visa, would go a long way toward satisfying that requirement

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tine and Ella,

In the list of things to bring to the interview, you mention

12.Notarial Certificate of relationship (ֱϵÇ×Êô¹Øϵ¹«Ö¤Êé)

Pardon my ignorance, but wondering how I should go about this?

Should I

a. write it in a similar fashion to the evolution of relationship

b. write it in a timeline fashion similar to the signature here on CFL?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Don