Red underwear

Does that mean the next year going to be a low marriage rate or more K-1 over K-3 for China, so thoses getting married may process faster because of the larger influct of K-1 over K-3. It would be interesting to see just how many more K-1 we get over K-3. And what about those that have K-1 and are coming into the states and have to marry in 90 days is the year truely unluckly if you made it to the States?

Hope I not confuse anyone with my rambling

Robert

The year on the lunar calendar is not auspicious. My brother in law just went down and got married at the registry rather than plan an elaborate wedding so they could be married before the new year starts. From what I gather it will be a low marriage rate year.

The year on the lunar calendar is not auspicious.  My brother in law just went down and got married at the registry rather than plan an elaborate wedding so they could be married before the new year starts.  From what I gather it will be a low marriage rate year.

Hopefully, this will mean fewer people applying for K-1. Good omen for those of us in the que? :P

2005 is the year of the Rooster, a "widow" year and is not considered a good year to get married. Don't know about the red underwear... last year at Xmas I bought Xiaoming some red underwear as a joke and he was so mortified... he hid it and I haven't seen it since. :P

My wife does have some chinese superstitions I did not expect.. Our bed is a King size water bed with pedestal and has a small oval mirror in it...This was covered up before the first night we spent together...She says this is bad luck to have mirror in bedroom. (dam)---I noticed later that there is some red thing she put in the over head light...

So I guess Red is fitting for the bedroom in any shape or form..

Yeah i was worried about the widow year for a while there since we are planning to have a wedding in June, but then I found out as long as you register before the new year its okay. Not that I really believe in superstitions anyways, but better safe than sorry. I thought the red underwear thing was just for people whose year it is though. Like its the year of the rooster and I'm a rooster so they say I'm supposed to wear something red ALL YEAR. thats why people go with the underwear - less conspicuous. at the grocery stores they have special displays of every kind of red underwear imaginable and other red stuff too.