OT. Time for a new music thread..:)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark&Bea,

Thanks for those pictures.We love them.she is real cute!Please send us your e-mail address to guangguang62@hotmail.com.I cant sent picture attachment from this site.

We will send our son's pictures to you.The e-mail address I sent you before does not work anymore,Sorry for that.

Well I guess we have a little different tastes.

Hey, I even enjoy Barry White and Al Green.

Ken

:lol:

hey!! what's wrong with Al and Barry? Talk about love'n mood music. toss in an issic hayes and some nat king cole and who else?? ohh oh richie havens.. even a pimplely faced 17 year old could get some!! hehe

Ok.. who always said.. oh.. oh.. oh oh!! hmmm ??

now Dionne Warwick "I say a little prayer for you." If this doesn't sum up that gerne what does?

Here's another one.. who is this and what sounds? Astrud Gilberto... no googling!!

Mark and Bea (American Woman..?) and Elizabeth

And for my 500th post I will let you all know who the greatest musician of all time is........drum roll please..............VAN MORRISON.............VAN THE MAN.......He is the musician's musician. Many of the top musicians will mention that they listen to Van Morrison when they are are at home kicking back and taking it easy.

MY favorite CD is Avalon Sunset by Van Morrison. I think I have a dozen of his CDs. :D  :lol:  B)  :D

There you go John.. how about One irish Rover from the No Guru, no method, no teacher album for you mystic irtishmen.

Have a pint of guieness and "Bob's your uncle!"

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

Guitarists:

Joe Satriani (solo)

Stevie Ray Vaughn ("Trouble before the Dawn", Sadly deceased in airplane crash)

Jeff Beck (Traffic and solo)

Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple and solo)

John Lee Hooker (solo)

Carlos Santana

Female Vocalists:

Nancy and Anne Wilson (Heart, esp. “Dog and Butterfly” & “Dreamboat Annie”)

Grace Slick (Jefferson Starship)

Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)

Male Vocalists:

Randy Van Zant (Lynard Skynard, sadly deceased airplane crash, but younger brother has taken his place.)

Marty Balin (Jefferson Starship)

Marvin Lee Aday (aka Meatloaf)

Lindsey Buckingham (FleetwoodMac)

Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)

Carlos Santana

Groups

Alan Pason's Project

Moody Blues

Classical

Dvorchek

Beethoven (3d, 5th, 6th, 7th movements)

Rachminoff

Foreign Vocalists/instruments

Freddie Aguilar (Philippines) (solo)

Kitaro (Japan)(solo)

Carl,

It isn't often that I can be persuaded, once I have set my mind. However, in this case, you ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I have completely forgotten about "Ten Years After." You are absolutely correct in your choice! The official song title was "If I Could Change the World"

It also got me to thinking, that no one mentioned, the "Guess Who", Alvin Lee and the Animals (We Gotta Get to Get Out of this Place) I should add that Jim Morrison of The Doors. ("The End") The identical song for Jim Morrison is on the soundtrack of "Apocalypse Now." The personal reason that this particular song has so much meaning to me is this; I had happened to be assigned to the 1st/ 9th Air Cavalry Division, 1st Air Cavalry Division, Fort Hood Texas when the movie "Apocalypse Now" first appeared. The identically same "air cav unit" is mentioned in their movie, is the the same unit I was assigned to when the movie appeared. To quote Robert Duvall; This Air Cav Son! Air Mobile, son!..." I should mention one fact that many people do not know is the actual motivation and pride in the air cavalry in "protecting their nation is that : true to the movie, is that when we take air cavalry lift off from a "airhead, " The soldiers under my command refrered to it as: "Pumped up," (Adrelain running at extreme rate), stoked up ("motivated"), and stroked up (we had made peace with wills, "Our own Personal Keeper,"and our wives/fiancees and girlfriends. To this day when Air Cav leaves the helipads , there is a soldier who sounds a bugle for "CHARGE," when the helicopters take off. This was true in, "Just Cause (Panama), Grenada, two desert wars, and Somalia. It is still true today. Traditions die as hard as music. The song still remains extremely popular!

I also forgot to mention Jimi Hendrix. My personal favorites are; "Along the Watchtower," and "Are you Experienced?"

Carl, check you personal messages. I have a personal game and puzzle for you.

Guest blsqueaky
Guitarists:

Joe Satriani (solo)

Stevie Ray Vaughn ("Trouble before the Dawn", Sadly deceased in airplane crash)

Jeff Beck (Traffic and solo)

Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple and solo)

John Lee Hooker (solo)

Carlos Santana

Female Vocalists:

Nancy and Anne Wilson (Heart, esp. “Dog and Butterfly” & “Dreamboat Annie”)

Grace Slick (Jefferson Starship)

Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)

Male Vocalists:

Randy Van Zant (Lynard Skynard, sadly deceased airplane crash, but younger brother has taken his place.)

Marty Balin (Jefferson Starship)

Marvin Lee Aday  (aka Meatloaf)

Lindsey Buckingham (FleetwoodMac)

Roger Waters (Pink Floyd)

Carlos Santana

Groups 

Alan Pason's Project

Moody Blues

Classical

Dvorchek

Beethoven (3d, 5th, 6th, 7th movements)

Rachminoff

Foreign Vocalists/instruments

Freddie Aguilar (Philippines) (solo)

Kitaro (Japan)(solo)

Now you mentioned guitars, how about Roy Clark, "riders in the sky" whre he did both guitar and banjo, the another one, Mason Williams, Classical Gas

Now with groups, I just have to through in Foreigner

Female, ohhhhh yes, Stevie Nicks. Lucky enough once to see Anne and Nancy live in Seattle

Now male, there are many greats, you just forgot some of the oldies