Two more visas

Speaking of arriving late to pick up the visa. My fiancée picked her visa up a day late. She picked up her visa on Tuesday instead of Monday. She arrived at the consulate at 5: 00 PM on Monday they were closed. She said her taxi was stuck in traffic. She then arrives on Tuesday with her hands full of packages after a heavy-duty day of shopping. She did not want them to think she was too anxious to receive her visa. She had to go to the window and tell them her name after all the names were called for the people scheduled for visa pickup. Ahha nothing like a little suspense.

:blink: :lol: :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of arriving late to pick up the visa. My fiancée picked her visa up a day late. She picked up her visa on Tuesday instead of Monday. She arrived at the consulate at 5: 00 PM on Monday they were closed. She said her taxi was stuck in traffic. She then arrives on Tuesday with her hands full of packages after a heavy-duty day of shopping. She did not want them to think she was too anxious to receive her visa. She had to go to the window and tell them her name after all the names were called for the people scheduled for visa pickup. Ahha nothing like a little suspense.

:D  :D  :P

If so she was right behind my wife. We had to get the package divided into two since the daughter will not be coming with us. She will be coming later. Wei Ping had to wait untill all names were called to get the two envelopes. The guy at the window was very rude and made her sign a statement saying her daughter would leave within 4 months. I doubt that it would be enforcable but the daughter will come within that time frame anyway.

Congrats to you and your fiance.

Congratulations Marty and Weiping,

I have been through this routine of bringing the child over later.

I went back after 4 months and brought my step son back.

My only suggestion is that after your wife gets to the states, photo copy her passport with the appropriate stamps and send those photocopies back to your daughter.

Hope to see you in FL.

Dean

Marty, Congratulations. I remember when you started and they posted your marriage experiance on Chinaadvisor.com. Your story was great. chinaadvisor is shutdown now, but I still saved your story. I was able to relax a little easier after having heard about the caos you went through over getting the paperwork together to submit to the marriage office. Turned out that you didn't need to sweat all the bullets in the 1st place. You got the Visa now. Congratulations again. Thanks for directing me to CFL, hopefully mine won't be too much longer either.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we finally arrived in Longwood, yesterday at 6:PM.

It was rough for Weiping. She had no idea what 10 hours in the air is like and, try as I might, she had to experience it for herself to understand.

Put two 3 hour rides at either end, with the layovers and customs in between, and you're talking a full 24 hours travel time.

Now we only (ha!) have jet lag and a "dirty house" to deal with.

Oh, and ten million other things that keep popping up.

Like eating Western food. :lol: and sleeping in a water bed. :D

Congrats Marty and Weiping!

Let the love'n begin.. heheh but first some well deserved sleep..

Sucks being old and jet lagged..:lol:

Sorry about the VO.. visa's are good for 6 months..go suck a lemon! vo..

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth

P.S. did you fly out of GZ on jan 21 on the 7:50am flight to JFK? if so we were there NWA. darn if so would have great to meet you both