an asian thing

What about those of us who prefer women with large hands, and pronounced Adam's apples :D

Do you mean the special ladies that you find in Vietnam or Thailand, or the former genetic ladies who have opted to look more masculine (the reverse process)?

Does your wife know of your secret desires?? Oh, hmm, maybe she really does!!! :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure when it started for me. I have always liked Asian cultures, there is so much diversity. It amazes me how old Chinese, Korean, Japanese, ect civilizations are and the fact that the cultures has survived esp in China which has undergone so much social change.

I've never dated an Asian girl before my wife (she is from Shanghai) but have always through that Asians are very beautiful. I've always believed that it would be very respectable and honorable to marry Asian.

I do not regret the decision at all and I really like the cultural interaction between my wife and I. Never thought I would be into things like tea culture but now have a small Chinese tea pot/cup collection, my wife was kind enough to give me some of that stuff.

Since coming back from Shanghai I have been having authentic Chinese food cravings esp those bun things w/rice inside (shao mei?). :lol:

One of the things that has contributed to my interest in the far east is anime (from Japan), some of it is real cool and very creative. Ghibli studios artwork is my favorite. The heart and life of the culture is present in their works. Ghibli studios stuffs make Disney's look real 'week and cheesy' :D

After spending a year supporting my divorce attorney and getting my head screwed back on ( even if my wallet was 1/2 of previous :) ), I then ventured into the internet for local talent. Wow, there I was looking at the computer after yet another disaster of an internet encounter and this beautiful Asian woman pops up. Don't ask why...the mood....timing...I'd pushed the DELETE button on Russians; Hispanic women from Mexico/Chile/Brazil...you name it. Never even opened a foriegn bio.

And for some reason it hit me. I'd always been attracted to Asian...is it a little mystery; cultural differences; I don't know...something...so I hit the other button and took a look. What a sweetheart! Her bio just had a sincereness...a sweetness....an honest presentation....I have only been thrilled beyond belief to have been so lucky to have contacted Yun.

Then to actually meet her and live with her; even for a short period. To rise from the depths of divorce hell to where I am now is almost too good to be true! I return this week for 2-1/2 weeks during Christmas Festival in NanNing. I'm not sure who is more excited Yun or me.

Asian? She's just one beautiful being with a heart of gold. I ask myself every day how I got so lucky?

PS. we're sizing the engagement ring this trip. K-1 here we GO!

After spending a year supporting my divorce attorney and getting my head screwed back on ( even if my wallet was 1/2 of previous :) ), I then ventured into the internet for local talent.  Wow, there I was looking at the computer after yet another disaster of an internet encounter and this beautiful Asian woman pops up.  Don't ask why...the mood....timing...I'd pushed the DELETE button on Russians; Hispanic women from Mexico/Chile/Brazil...you name it.  Never even opened a foriegn bio.

And for some reason it hit me.  I'd always been attracted to Asian...is it a little mystery; cultural differences; I don't know...something...so I hit the other button and took a look.  What a sweetheart!  Her bio just had a sincereness...a sweetness....an honest presentation....I have only been thrilled beyond belief to have been so lucky to have contacted Yun. 

Then to actually meet her and live with her; even for a short period.  To rise from the depths of divorce hell to where I am now is almost too good to be true!  I return this week for 2-1/2 weeks during Christmas Festival in NanNing.  I'm not sure who is more excited Yun or me.

Asian?  She's just one beautiful being with a heart of gold.  I ask myself every day how I got so lucky?

PS.  we're sizing the engagement ring this trip.  K-1 here we GO!

Glad to see your life is now heading in a better direction.

I hope everything will work out for you both,

good luck w/the visa process.

Thomas.

I am one of the ones who have always found Asian women to be exoctic. I was married to a Caucasian woman for 5 years and it did not work out. I spent 2 tours in Korea with the Air Force for a total of 3 1/2 years. I enjoyed learning about the culture and I found most of the people to be friendly after they get to know you a little.

When I got out of the Air Force I dated women of all types, but I still was on the lookout for that special Asian lady. I had dated a Vietnamese lady before I found my fiancee on the internet, (we had stopped dating before I went looking on the internet). I just knew that I would be happier with an Asian lady as my wife.

My brother is married to a Japanese lady he met in Okinawa. So maybe it runs in the genes.

Dave

Originally from China and loving it here now. I have learned that most girls in Shenzhen at least prefer if I would spend the night over. That is good enough for me. Divorce after a 21 year dating/marriage to a Chinese girl from my high shcool who later some how became jewish, I came back trying to find myself another. Unfortunately, thus far people have changed quite a bit. Not much luck, dated one who is offered me free housing during the weekends but then found out that she was supported by an Australian finace. Moved on to anther, who hates the idea of men leaving or saying, got to go to work in the morning and related who did that to her before (including one that was at the party a few minutes before). Found one very attractive, dated and then she was married to a guy in Cali and on extended vacation in China, cause she is home sick. So she ended up in bed with a strange man after half a bottle of vodka, telling me that her parents are actually 3 hours away by plane. Home sick?

Gosh, how come I can't find any of those pure, loving, nice angels that you guys find? Or is Shenzhen a really bad spot? Going to try spend a week with a loving lady, her friend and then another guy. Thus far it sounds so wierd. Made backup plans with a girl at each tour destination, just in case...

Life in China seems to be quite different than I anticipated.

Well, did I say that at the Christmas party, I saw a few partners groping female associates? Every one just smiles and say "office politics".

Gosh, how come I can't find any of those pure, loving, nice angels that you guys find?

Maybe if you could have a more serious view towards relationship you will find something more valuable which can not be found in a causal dating experience. There is a Chinese saying: Zhong Gua De Gua, Zhong Dou De Do, means you harvest what you grow.

I am sure there a lots of pure loving nice girls here in China, just how you will find them.

I've heard this Asian interest thing called the 'China doll syndrome'. Never thought I'd catch it but I have it big time.

China Doll?? hmmm... I've heard it as "Yellow Fever" :D

You are right...yellow fever is when Caucasians only go for Asians. China doll syndrome is a stereotype that many Asian women have to struggle against (ie, they are passive, submissive, quiet, seen but not heard).

You are right...yellow fever is when Caucasians only go for Asians. China doll syndrome is a stereotype that many Asian women have to struggle against (ie, they are passive, submissive, quiet, seen but not heard).

Any guy who seeks a Chinese wife with delusions of her being docile, deserves exactly what is coming his way.

And when these men who only want a woman to serve them hand and foot, meet up with a woman who is interested only in his bank account, it fills my heart with joy.

Because that's one man that a woman wanting a loving husband will no longer have to worry about, and one woman that a man seeking a loving wife won't have to watch out for.