I have been to China three times so far. Each time I flew on Air Canada out of Chicago. The cost to fly, even at the budget sights on the internet are now getting more and more expensive! Does anyone out there have an idea where a "poor church mouse" can find a good fare for Flight? My lowest fare I have found so far has been about $730 and this has a 5 hour layover in Singapore of all places. <sigh> I am flying to Hong Kong by the way and taking a bus from there to GZ.

Thanks for any suggestions and help anyone can provide. You would think with all the money problems the airlines are having they would lower the prices, encouraging flights. <sigh> Oh well!

Phil

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some of us, the question is how to find a good price on airfare when you are flying out of China.

The whole travel industry here is primative compared to the US and they still don't seem to have gotten the concept of attracting customers through cutting rates. Of course the idea of customer service just doesn't seem to register here.

Orion

The price you found does not sound to bad, is this round trip? or one way, I use Econo Travel out of Los Angeles and it is 1400 round trip from Ft. Myers to Chongqing, this is with China Southern being the host airline and Delta being an affiliate. there web is www. econo travel @hotmail.com you do have to stay on them sometimes for an answer, I have to call them again today, there is another in New York that is less so I am going to find out who they are, keep shopping and let us know if you find cheaper flights

For some of us, the question is how to find a good price on airfare when you are flying out of China.

they still don't seem to have gotten the concept of attracting customers through cutting rates.  Of course the idea of customer service just doesn't seem to register here.

"they still don't seem to have gotten the concept of attracting customers through cutting rates. Of course the idea of customer service just doesn't seem to register here." DISAGREE :P :P

I booked two tickets from shanghai to SF, non-stop, at 412USdollars, including tax. Is it a good deal?

they still don't seem to have gotten the concept of attracting customers through cutting rates.  Of course the idea of customer service just doesn't seem to register here.

"they still don't seem to have gotten the concept of attracting customers through cutting rates. Of course the idea of customer service just doesn't seem to register here." DISAGREE :P :D

I booked two tickets from shanghai to SF, non-stop, at 412USdollars, including tax. Is it a good deal?

yes

When I first went to China in 00 there were many people selling discounted tickets for domestic flights. Later I read that the govt did not like it and cracked down on the practice. If you are in China and need a ticket to the US, you can still use flychina.com and get those rates.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Travel agents are a better choice than the internet. My last round trip

ticket from Honolulu to China cost me $650 on JAL. I like JAL because

of the safety record and service, The service in economy is the same as

first class. HK to GZ the train is the better choice. When I crossed the

border into Hong Kong by bus it was a pain. The first bus takes you to

the border. You get off and carry your luggage through immigration.

Then you get on the second bus to the other border check. Get off of

the bus with your luggage and go through immigration again. After

that you get on the third bus to your destination. That is what I went

through on a short trip from Shenzhen to Hong Kong.

Annakuen'GG

Aloha from Hawaii,

Travel agents are a better choice than the internet.  My last round trip

ticket from Honolulu to China cost me $650 on JAL.  I like JAL because

of the safety record and service,  The service in economy is the same as

first class.  HK to GZ the train is the better choice.  When I crossed the

border into Hong Kong by bus it was a pain.  The first bus takes you to

the border.  You get off and carry your luggage through immigration.

Then you get on the second bus to the other border check.  Get off of

the bus with your luggage and go through immigration again.  After

that you get on the third bus to your destination.  That is what I went

through on a short trip from Shenzhen to Hong Kong.

Annakuen'GG

Yes,

Bus is only good for locals who bring a few items. Last time I was the last one out of immigration because I had two luggages. Everyone (including the bus driver) was impatience because I took so long. I had to go to the non-Chinese line custom line which took very long. Also, It was a long walk from the bus to immigration (twice). :o