My fiancee got her interview!!!

Jeff, there is a world of difference between China Air and Air China.

China Air is the Nationalist airline with one of the worst safety records in the air. Actually managed to land a plane UPSIDE DOWN at the old HK airport (landing gear sticking up like a dead duck) and I guess you could say that took pluck and skill on the part of the pilot, since there was very little loss of life ..... Personally, I prefer "right side up" to "over easy" every time I fly...

As you probably figured out, Air China is a PRC airline, I have used it before, and place it in the mid range..... not great service, but got me there ... right side up...

BTW a friend of mine who works for American Airlines once told me that Air China is not so safe, and recommended China Eastern Airlines, the first trip I made to China was with them, and I had a great experience (from L.A. to Shanghai). Maybe not the cheapest one, but great service indeed.

Congrats, PJ!  That's great news.  We found out this morning, too.  I hope Candle will get more good news today.  There are a lot of people who should be getting p4s now!

Congrats Turtle!! Alright, I know it was tough sledding for you for a while there.. glad it all worked out and you are on your way! :o

Do good, be safe and best of luck.

Mark and Bea

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for all the congrats and well-wishes. :)

Today has been one heckuva busy day!

I've already gone ahead and booked tickets (round-trip for myself, one-way for Candy). I called Delta directly. It turned out to be about $1700 total for both of our airfare, which was cheaper than flychina.com. I called flychina, and the lady I spoke with was really great, she tried very hard, but I ended up lucking out and finding out about the cheap flights for Delta and the fact that they only have a $75 fee to change.

Will send off for my China visa tomorrow. Need to get some sleep now. I'm thinking about making a tape of me speaking in Chinese and just taking it with me, since it would be easy to do here and a pain to do in China. Still haven't decided yet, I hate trying to "anticipate" trouble that hasn't happened, but I always like to be safe than sorry.

P.J.

This is something I have been thinking about for awhile. I am not anywhere near needing to worry about it, but I do wonder what is the best way.

Another alternative is to wait until the interview is completed, and the visa is issued. Then get the plane tickets.

However, I am leaning toward getting a one way for me there and then a one way for both of us from there.

The problem there becomes space on the prospective airline.

PJ,

Congrats on the interview. I know that ticket that is bought from Chinese Travel agencies in USA has open date coming back to USA. You can reserve a seat and can change it later on without any problem. Since you got your tickets already, good luck and keep us posted.