No answer from GZ

More and more I've noticed people commenting that GZ is not responding to all e-mail inquiries. Add me to the list. It's been seven days since I sent mine and there's been no response...have they stooped so low as to just ignore us?

On a positive note I'd like to think they're pouring more energy into our cases..maybe...maybe?

Well, My Fei emails the Consulate every two weeks or so... has for months, but has never gotten a response...

She has recently asked me to contact State about our situation, but we are June p-3's so our situation is still hopeless......

........ and since I went through the extremely protracted adoption process the first time (over 2 years) ---- I'm not inclined to get wrapped up, emotionally in the process of beating my head against the Consulate wall --- (at least, not yet....)

When I went to the info session at GZ last April the consular official giving the session was very emphatic that if you have a question or need information about your case the best way is to email them. I suppose that is so they can ignore you easier.

I have not gotten responses from GZ either. Yaya NEVER gets a response from them when she writes. BUT, my Senator's office has gotten responses from them.

Be glad, however, that you do not get response...else you will be very depressed. Our Sept-Oct guesstimate for interview changed to Nov-Dec with the response to my Senator a week ago :D

After 4 emails (one sent every 8th day) and no respons, I have started to call DOS every monday. Suprisingly my wait to talk to someone has only been no more than 3 minutes. But I still get the same ..."Your wife has not been schedualed yet" ... respons!

I am still hoping for a Late Sept - Early to mid October interview.

I've emailed GZ twice, using the website form both times. They have answered promptly both times. The most recent email I received from them was Aug 2nd. The first one was about a month before.

I called DOS for the first time this Monday, mostly to find out if we cleared all name checks (we had). I got the same answer as Bryan about the interview.

I sent my first E mail to GZ about a week ago with no reply.

On a related note, I got a call from my Congresswoman yesterday. I was hoping to hear that our P3 was sent. No. She was happy to inform me that my application had cleared the NVC name check - which I've known for 2 weeks already, and informed her of same. She did say that if there was no action on my petition after 4 weeks from the date of NVC's approval, that she would write a letter to GZ. I hope she has a better E mail address for them or that they only have decided to disregard petitioners and beneficiaries E mails.

I just checked the website of Consulate Guangzhou,

CONTACTING THE IMMIGRANT VISA UNIT

The Immigrant Visa Unit provides case status information only to applicants, petitioners, lawyers and Congressional offices. When you contact this office, please always provide us the applicant's name, date of birth and the case number (if any).

The Immigrant Visa Unit processes thousands of cases and receives thousands of telephone and written inquiries each month from applicants, petitioners and lawyers, as well as congressional offices. We handle them as fast as we can in the order received. You are welcome to inquire about the status of your case at any time. However, we ask that you understand such inquiries consume resources that might be better employed processing cases. Please don't write or call to check if we have received a form or inquiry from you. As soon as we process your submission, we will notify you.

Never notice they got a form for the email.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/email.html

It could be good if you could get someone, who is on their heads, to help.

But never be sure, it depends on the officer's personality, some don't like pressure.