No answer from GZ

Both times I emailed GZ using the web form. The web form is required for all emails. You cannot reply directly to the address listed. I got an email receipt of the message almost instantly. I've copied my email to the bottom of the message. If you don't get an auto-reply something like this, then I'd guess your message did not get placed on their servers.

Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:20:56 +0800

To: tonymasiello

Subject: Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you for your inquiry. You may expect a response from us in 5 to 7 business days.

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW UP BEFORE THEN, AS REPEATED EMAILS RE-SET YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND CREATE A DELAY IN THE RESPONSE TIME ON YOUR CASE.

If you have not had an email response from us after 7 business days have passed, please go to our website (http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/email.html) and resubmit your request. GuangzhouIV no longer receives incoming email.

Your cooperation in this will help us serve you better.

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General

Guangzhou, China

I had some problem with emails from GZ too. I wrote them on twice in July (10 business days apart) and didn't get any responses. I wrote them again two days ago stating the that I didn't get a response from them twice. I got a response back the following day.

I was happy to finally see a response from them, but it was another worthless reply.

"Please be advised that your case is currently under the process to be scheduled. Once the interview date is set, we will send out packet 4."

I've been getting this crap now for 4 months. GZ is so useless. Was thinking of writing my Senator within my local district. Anyone had luck with that route?

-Jay