CFL-a place for bad advise

JPD,

Somewhere down the twisting, turning road that I call my life, I remember hearing a short saying. "A sorrow shared is half the sorrow, A joy shared is twice the joy."

I have a place where a can share my sorrows and joys with others that are in similar situations, isn't that a good thing?? Hopefully, While I'm here at CFL, I'll be sharing more joy than sorrow. But, then again one never knows.

I feel very good that I've come here to CFL. Everyone that I've talked to, or responded to my questions, has been very nice/helpful.

tom

JPD, I don't know what should I've done without my dear Candle friends, every time I had a question, a concern, or just wanted to share with someone who could understand the troubles I was going thru with this visa process, I turned out to the right people. Always got so much empathy and good advices!!!! I still remember when the P3 was sent 2 months ago and was lost 2 times in the mail, some of the guys told me that it happened to them also, and told me exactly what to do, and it worked... At the time GZ was very responsive, they sent the P3 three times and even called my fiance as I requested. I've made some good friends here, I correspond with one of them regularly and we had shared some valuable information and forms, I had even called him to get advice in the worst moments, his fiancee had helped my boyfriend with the P3 questions. I could have done all this by myself, but it would not have been the same. And when the time comes for one of our couples to go for the interview, we all stick together and rejoice with them when the good news get out. Our stats speak by itself, in most cases the couples here get the visa approved even when a blue slip is received, not because we are special in any way but because we all take the time to share with each other past experiences and good information. Stick around and you"ll see for yourself.

JPD - I see you filed your petition in Shanghai on May 12 and have no further info after that. Does that mean you didn't get approval yet? Do you consider yourself one of those people who will have such an easy time?

Let me give my "testimonial" I've not been waiting a long time - my I-130 was approved in 2 days in Beijing, but reading advice here and asking questions has helped me a lot. I wish I'd found the site earlier - I postponed pursuing immigration for my husband for a long time because I didn't even have a clue how to begin and assumed it would take years! If I'd checked out sites like this I'd have found out it could be faster for me and we might be in the US by now. So going your own way, or making assumptions, is where you'll get trouble.

Guest DragonFlower

HMMM,

First-- no-one is compelling you to read this site or use the advise offered.

You are here of your own free will.

Second--Have you noticed that a lot of the members never post.

They are just here to learn.

Third--I am glad the people that have problems post.We all have a lot to learn from their grief.

I have personally used this site to keep tabs on my overpriced attorney.

It is very ironic and amusing to call his office with some new piece of information that they do not have a clue about.Example:My withit lawyer did not bother to tell me the visa fees were increasing in April,I found out here.When I called them they said" OH,you better send us some more money".

Most importantly,the people here know what you going through.

You try to talk to your friends,your family,your coworkers,they have no understanding how time consuming and frustrating this process is.

Your words fall on deaf ears,here you are listened to.By people who understand your plight,have been there done that,in all stages of process.

As you will find,the frustration is far from over when your loved one is in the states.I work with several Chinese people who are in various stages of the immigration process,it can be a slippery slope.I know this first hand from their trials.

SO,do as you will.But my best advice is to keep your eyes and ears open.

Try to learn by other people's mistakes and misfortune.That is why they write history books you know.So that we each do not have to personally experience every problem,only the interesting new ones(wink).

long

LOL,

If it was not for CFL, I would have been living in a mental hospital. I was part of the original black hole gang. This site was not even up yet and there were two in the Yahoo groups. They were mostly people who had been threw the horrible process.

I still remember when I wanted to knock on the white house door because of the new “secrete” laws and the other sites were not to happy with my attitude……

Back then it was scary times for a lot of us.

Thank God for CFL!!! (and PJ)

LOL,

If it was not for CFL, I would have been living in a mental hospital. I was part of the original black hole gang. This site was not even up yet and there were two in the Yahoo groups. They were mostly people who had been threw the horrible process.

I still remember when I wanted to knock on the white house door because of the new “secrete” laws and the other sites were not to happy with my attitude……

Back then it was scary times for a lot of us.

Thank God for CFL!!! (and PJ)

JPD,

Read this site info about how CFL was formed