• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know you but I do know you must have been through a lot to get here, so a VERY BIG CONGRATS!

I had a question about the other USC - I understand (somewhat) domicile, but what was the job interview thing? Means he has to show he has job prospects? I've been in China three years and wondering how I'll prove myself having a residence and job in the US. Seems to me if you are USC and prove money, it's none of their business where you then live or especially work.

Sorry, off the happy topic! Hope you are enjoying yourselves and having a nice celebration!

he believes it is to show stability in US they don't want you to get visa to go to US and 2 months later bail and head back to China. Domicle is easy just have some friends or family do a rental agreement if you know anyone with a company have them send you a letter for an interview not a job offer only a prospective interview. hope this helps it is just 1 more small loop to jump through but now you know so plan ahead cause they fail to tell you before you get here.

YEAHHH    Congrats!!!:lol:  :greenblob:

Nice to see someone went through without a hitch. :wub:  :redblob:

How many whiteslips vs. blue/yellow slips did you see while you were waiting???

sorry can't really say I went to wait at blenz then the other USC an I went to stroll the Island somewhere in all that she was done in about 3 hours so called me from hotel room but would not tell me what she got cause I was not at blenz waiting for her, she was in first batch of people to make it through so she also did not pay attention.

I would have to say mine was a pretty uneventful compared to some we have seen lately I guess this is the way it should go.

I wonder if I can use credit card bills and other mail and bank statements and such to show my domicile with my parents - or does it have to be your name on a contract? I wonder too if it's any easier for CR-1, or in our case might be IR-1 by the time it comes through. So what if we bail later as long as the green card remains valid?