How About Chinese Music?

Guest blsqueaky

and one other who name right now escapes me, but she succumed to Cancer this past Xmas, big HK star.

Mark: I think you're talking about Theresa Teng.

I mostly like the Tai Chi type of Chinese music, but I do like one song by the China Dolls (actually a Thai group). Their song is Wo Ai Ni. Hopefully, most of you know what that means. If you don't, say it to your sweetie affectionately. You will be handsomely rewarded!!! hehehe

Now if you want to talk about Korean or Japanese music, I.E. BoA or Utada Hikaru, thats's another story . . . .

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and one other who name right now escapes me, but she succumed to Cancer this past Xmas, big HK star.

I mostly like the Tai Chi type of Chinese music, but I do like one song by the China Dolls (actually a Thai group). Their song is Wo Ai Ni. Hopefully, most of you know what that means. If you don't, say it to your sweetie affectionately. You will be handsomely rewarded!!! hehehe

Now if you want to talk about Korean or Japanese music, I.E. BoA or Utada Hikaru, thats's another story . . . .

no Teng died many years ago Anita Hui I think was her name died recently I think in the last year or 2 I have one of her cd's here as she is one of my MM favorite artists, Mine is fai wong,faye wong I also have 3 Teng CD's 2 Wong cd's 1 anita 1 instramental of the ERHU an 1 I am not sure, but all I ever listen to is Wong Fai :unsure:

Guest blsqueaky

no Teng died many years ago Anita Hui I think was her name died recently I think in the last year or 2 I have one of her cd's here as she is one of my MM favorite artists, Mine is fai wong,faye wong I also have 3 Teng CD's 2 Wong cd's 1 anita 1 instramental of the ERHU an 1 I am not sure, but all I ever listen to is Wong Fai :)

se_lang, you are right, she just passed away last year and before her was her sister. I was there in GZ when they had her funeral in HK, and yes, I have her last 2 CD's, and Ling love them, and so do I.

Cosmic, one that I still like and can not get over is the 12 Girl Band. Just have to watch them, all of the old instruments

Anita Hui I think was her name

The aritist who died end of last year her name is Anita Mui

Last year is a sad year, we lost 3 of our great singers:

Roman Tam in 2002, Leslie Cheung in April of 2003(he committed suicide on the April Fool's day, at first we thought its a joke on that day.), and Anita Mui in Dec. of 2004.

Guest blsqueaky
Anita Hui I think was her name

The aritist who died end of last year her name is Anita Mui

Last year is a sad year, we lost 3 of our great singers:

Roman Tam in 2002, Leslie Cheung in April of 2003(he committed suicide on the April Fool's day, at first we thought its a joke on that day.), and Anita Mui in Dec. of 2004.

sawadee, thanks for the input, I know that I have the last of the 2 CD that she made, and I do not mean the last. When I was there, it happened, and I had my wife get some of her CD's, and they are great. Thanks for correcting me. I just wish that I could read all of the CD that I hace bought there.

Leonard, you where the one that I was thinking about popping in with Kelly Chen. I remember your photo album.

Right, the only thing I hate about her music, is I cant understand a word of it...lol...lol... She has done a few English songs and most of the CD's that we get here are of very, very low standards as far as the music goes. I am quit sure that they are bootleg CD's. I have found a site called YesAsia.com that we can get all of her real CD's at. We have just ordered her newest CD from there and am waiting on pins and needles for it. This is a link to her web site if any of you guys are interested in her and her music:

http://www.kellyconcertoclub.com/

Thats easy, Kelly Chen is the best in Pop Chinese music.  If you guys get a chance, check her out, she is great.  My wife turned me on to her once she got here, and now there is no turning back. :redblob:

Kelly is very pretty too and made many HK movies.

I have never seen any of her movies, I would love to see them though. The next time we go back to China, we are going to try and catch her in concert somewhere.. :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob:

Here are some of my fav's

Some of you have already mentioned them as well.

Han Hung.. wonderful voice!

Faye Wong also great

Just heard this guy last night yang kun has a great sound with a latino flavor..

Eason Chan very good sound with some blues songs.

The 12 girl band.. heheh

I was watching their VCD I bought while Bea was getting ready to go out.. geeez I almost had tears in my eyes and I didn't know why, I told her.. she said that's because alot of the traditional innstruments are sad sounding.

I have always been impressed with them in that, concapared to others they are so well packaged! From the cloths they wear , to the sound to the footage of their concerts and other advertising, it is top level and way above alot of what you see here.

Mark and Bea

Penny - Ni Yao de Ai

I love this song

Sui ran jing chang meng jian ni

Hai shi hao wu tou xu

Wai mian zheng zai xia zhe yu

Jing tian shi xing qi ji

BUT I DON'T KNOW

Ni qu na li

* Sui ran bu ceng huai yi ni

Hai shi tan te bu ding

Shui shi ni de na ge wei yi

Yuan liang wo huai yi zi ji

** Wo ming bai Wo yao de ai

Hui ba wo chong huai

Xiang yi ge xiao hai

Zhi dong zai ni huai li huai

Ni yao de ai

Bu zhi she yi lai

Yao xiang ge da nan hai

Feng chui you ri sai

Sheng huo zi you zi zai

sawadee, thanks for the input, I know that I have the last of the 2 CD that she made, and I do not mean the last. When I was there, it happened, and I had my wife get some of her CD's, and they are great. Thanks for correcting me. I just wish that I could read all of the CD that I hace bought there.

I would like to recomment a good website that sells all kinds of Asian CDs, DVDs. YesAsia I used to buy a lot of CDs from their website, the headquarter is in HK, but they have North American free shipment service.

I like the folk song singer Albert Au. I have his 9 CD set, also bought from that website.

Penny - Ni Yao de Ai

I love this song

Sui ran jing chang meng jian ni

Hai shi hao wu tou xu

Wai mian zheng zai xia zhe yu

Jing tian shi xing qi ji

BUT I DON'T KNOW

Ni qu na li

* Sui ran bu ceng huai yi ni

Hai shi tan te bu ding

Shui shi ni de na ge wei yi

Yuan liang wo huai yi zi ji