First Hurdle Cleared!

Well, this is really strange. I was looking through some WAC # and I found this one, WAC 04 095 xxxxx. I know that it was filed the same day as me, Feb 20 (it is in fact an I129f that is numerically right before mine) and USCIS says they were approved on June 28.

How can they approve someone who filed on Jan 28 after someone who filed on Feb 20???

I dont get it !!!!!

(edited to remove personally identifiable information._

Well, this is really strange. I was looking through some WAC # and I found this one, WAC 04 095 xxxxx. I know that it was filed the same day as me, Feb 20 (it is in fact an I129f that is numerically right before mine) and USCIS says they were approved on June 28.

How can they approve someone who filed on Jan 28 after someone who filed on Feb 20???

I dont get it !!!!!

Could be a number of reasons! There have been couples here at CFL that have gone through at break neck speed, while others just seem to run a snails pace or slower. It is not out of the norm for this to happen. Look at my time line below and you will see one way that someone could pass you by.

Hang in there! It will all come to pass!

Bryan

Good news indeed. Seems like the visa process resembles one of those long balloons. You start to squeeze out the efficiencies at one end (the service centers) and the other end (GZ) starts to bulge. :D

Good luck.

As to the question about sequential processing, I was told that most service centers do process in sequence, but it's done on sort of a batch processing basis. Examiner A gets some petitions, Examiner B gets some, etc., etc. Sometimes, Examiner A get his/her batches done before Examiner B does, so the sequence is not truly linear.