Expiration date on food, lotion, and medicine

Before my wife use or take anything, she will look at the expiration date on the item. Even though I told her the item is safe, she still inspect it (I mean everything - smell, look, label). Do any of your loveones do that? I think it is the Chinese thing.

My wife does it all the time ever since I told her that there is an expiration date on items. She makes sure that food items are used by the expiration date. There is no way I can explain that most items in the refrig will last longer than the date.

I do not check on the expiration dates of canned food that were already stored in the cupboard though since they are for earthquake emergency only.

:huh: so if the earthquake doesn't kill us the expired canned goods will surely finnish us off , hahahahahahahahah :P

i love her :angry:

:P oh i just had the horrid thought of surviving "the big one" only to die in a tragic, painfull death from a rancid can of green giant string beans ;) GIVE ME THE QUAKE ANYDAY :P

Boy does this hit home. Yesterday she threw out a gallon of milk because it reached the date. I said "wait until midnight"she said "Milk doesnt know how to tell time""

I always figured it expired when green stuff grew on more than 60% of it. She won the arguement. :angry:

I am Chinese. Well, I think this is just culture thing. Yes, we like to check the expiration date of food and other things. I think that is because sometimes we can find things that is expired in China. And we don't like to eat or take it if it is expired. :( :D :D

Boy does this hit home. Yesterday she threw out a gallon of milk because it reached the date. I said "wait until midnight"she said "Milk doesnt know how to tell time""

I always figured it expired when green stuff grew on more than 60% of it. She won the arguement. :P

Ohhhhhh, Trigg. Got a belly roll out of that one - Xiahong is asking what is so funny! ;)

Ohoh...now I have to try and explain it to her. :huh:

Actually the expiration date for milk is for supermarket purchase. If the date is expired, then the market cannot sell it. The time the milk goes back is at least 3 days past the expiration date. Before you drink it, smell it. Spoil milk tastes and smells really bad.

I always figured it expired when green stuff grew on more than 60% of it. She won the arguement. :lol:

Ohhhhhh, Trigg. Got a belly roll out of that one - Xiahong is asking what is so funny! :P

Actually the expiration date for milk is for supermarket purchase. If the date is expired, then the market cannot sell it. The time the milk goes back is at least 3 days past the expiration date. Before you drink it, smell it. Spoil milk tastes and smells really bad.

Well, I did my best to explain the humor but it didn't work. B)

Don, I have learned, during the brief three months FangLing has been here, it is best to just shrug your shoulders and say "Ï dunno". I'm pretty sure she understands what my answers to her questions are but pretends she doesn't just so she can see me squirm when I try to explain everything to her. Her sense of humour is---let's say warped.

I always figured it expired when green stuff grew on more than 60% of it. She won the arguement. :huh:

Too bad you did not have some fresh corn that needed to be cooked. She might have gone alone with the idea that the milk would be okay for that purpose.

I always figured it expired when green stuff grew on more than 60% of it. She won the arguement. :huh:

Too bad you did not have some fresh corn that needed to be cooked. She might have gone alone with the idea that the milk would be okay for that purpose.

I can see it all now---picking fresh corn from the garden and then going to the barn to milk the cow. Does a cow have an expiration date?? Do I???

I always figured it expired when green stuff grew on more than 60% of it. She won the arguement. :redblob:

Ohhhhhh, Trigg. Got a belly roll out of that one - Xiahong is asking what is so funny! :angry:

Well, I did my best to explain the humor but it didn't work. :redblob:

Don, I have learned, during the brief three months FangLing has been here, it is best to just shrug your shoulders and say "?dunno". I'm pretty sure she understands what my answers to her questions are but pretends she doesn't just so she can see me squirm when I try to explain everything to her. Her sense of humour is---let's say warped.

Hmmmmm. Newbies. Only three months, huh?

There will soon come a time when she will make it very clear that the 'EASY ANSWER' is not acceptable. "I don't know" and "I don't remember" just won't cut it. Your time is coming, my friend. :D

Say it ain't so Don, say it ain't so.. I dunno and I don't remember are my favorite and most often used answers. They save countless hours of trying to explain the unexplainable.

"Husband!!! Why you watch race on Sunday with eys closed?" "I dunno"

"Husband!!! Did you Exwife wear close like mine" "I don't remember"

"Husband!!! Why you no use two hands to drive car?" "I dunno"

etc etc etc....